“Ethiopian from Victoria Falls”
Review of Ethiopian Airlines

Reviewed September 24, 2017

Do not plan on leaving on time, won't happen. We had a hopper flight to Addis Ababa. The plane came from somewhere else & got cleaned before we boarded, we were late leaving. We had a scheduled 45 min. stop in Botswana, they again cleaned the plane before those people boarded & we continued to Addis Ababa. Buses were used to go to the terminal & change planes at Addis Ababa. We were late to Paris. The plane was clean though, the seats reasonably comfortable, he food so so. Someone at Addis Ababa did take us out of a security line that he said would take a long time & put us in an unmarked line that went very fast. Liked that.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (3,303)

Reviewed September 24, 2017

I got the feel of travelling on a local bus within Africa, after boarding the flight that does a hour stop in Lusaka to pick up passengers, the aircraft was partially clean, toilets filthy and some had an Out of Oder notice. A lot of hand luggage all stuff in the compartments above the head, one compartment was not closing properly but was ignored and I could not help have the fear of the compartment flinging open during the flight and all bags landing on my head. The connection at Addis Ababa airport was another horrible experience, crowded with transit passengers and very few options to find a comfortable seat. After a long wait of almost 6 hours the boarding system was another appalling experience, they have boarding Zones which are totally confusing and ques are ridiculously done in any way. My experience was tough, tiresome and will not be flying on Ethiopian again.

Reviewed September 24, 2017

Having read many poor reviews of the airline I was expecting the worst. The reality was far from it...in fact it was excellent. The aircraft were very comfortable and the staff very attentive. Even the change in Addis was good. All in all ....outstanding value for money

Reviewed September 21, 2017

After purchasing my flight back in March and receiving confirmation of my flight, I like any person reguarlly checked online to see if all was well with my flight. It was.

However, when I turned up at Newark airport several months later, I discovered that my flight was not on the board and also there were no Ethiopian Airways (EA) staff to be seen.

I called up EA's Call Centre and man informed me that a few days after I booked my flight, my ticket was suspended. This was an utter shock to me as I had been checking online.

He asked if I wished for my ticket to be refunded. YES, YES I WOULD. I had recieved zero confirmation or contact from EA about this occurrence and was left completely stranded.

Now, a few days later, I am attempting to claim back my new flight from travel insurance and to receive some sort of communication from EA so that I can do this. I have called up THREE times this morning and each time, I have been hung up on. I also have no likelihood of being given a simple email that said that my ticket was suspended back in March.

Do not use this airline. What you've heard is true.

They will scam you off and will not help you when you are in peril.

1  Thank Benji A
Reviewed September 21, 2017

Emerging airline in the African region. Great supportive staff. Good food & reasonably priced. Flights are also in good condition.