“Comfort ”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

We flew Emirates from Melbourne to Munich in December returning from Rome in January.
We travelled in economy class, but purchased an extra seat for comfort and so we had more room for our books, etc. - it meant there were only two of us in a three seat row, with one of us on window and the other on the aisle. On the way back we travelled with our son, daughter-in-law and 6 month old grandson, and the extra seat between us meant we could lie the baby down and he could have a lovely kick and play with plenty of room around him.
The first thing we noticed was that the seats themselves are a little roomier. We were provided with a pillow and blanket and a little travellers pack of mask, socks, earplugs, toothbrush and toothPaste.
We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food on the flight over, but the food on the return leg was not as good - the meats were cooked too much and were dry. There was however a wide choice of food on the tray at each meal, including an entree, main, roll, dessert and some biscuits and cheese. Water was also provided on the tray as were a variety of drinks and tea/coffee from the flight attendants.
I was a bit disappointed with the newer release movies on offer on the ICE entertainment system and would have liked an easy listening selection on the music program.
The staff were excellent on all flights and were always pleasant and helpful.

• Value for money
Write a reviewReviews (59,984)

Reviewed January 21, 2020

The business class on Emirates offers a large set of comforting issues, amenities, refreshments a fun bar where one can stand and relax, confortabl beds, good TV entertainments. Business lounges both in Rome and Dubai are clean, comfortable and plenty of food of different ethnical backgrounds. Emirates is dear to me for their punctuality and transparency in the management of the procedures so I trust that my remark below will be taken in due consideration.
However the food on board I thought was not up to the Emirates standards. It should be seriously and consistently revised and improved.

Reviewed January 21, 2020

My basketball coach chose this airline because it is luxury and has some free wifi. It should always rule like the other Airlines i mentioned before. A lot of freinds wanted me to review emirates all the time!!! Although it's expensive

Date of travel: April 2019
Reviewed January 21, 2020

I am a novo lacto vegetarian, which means I do not eat meat but I do eat dairy and eggs. When I booked my flight, there was no option for vegetarian, but either vegan, or a very specific vegetarian diet I had never heard of. I chose the later.
It was a coincidence, that I got to sit next to a person who was vegan. When our food was delivered, his meal was identical to mine. It appears what emirates has done is to create a meal that complied with the strictest dietary requirements, and called it different meal types. Further the food was very spicy, which I am not used to nor enjoy.
Food is important, when you are travelling long haul flights. I fell Emerites has put a lot of effort into this to make it simple for them, which diminishes the experience for the customer.

Reviewed January 21, 2020

having travelled to Oz every year for the last 12 years we have accumulated 48 trips on there aircraft between glasgow via dubai and onto perth, we feel that the last 3 years the service and quality of food has dwindled and this last trip was an all time low with some of the food totally unacceptable, one breakfast coming back from dubai was a cold pastry which looked looked like a sausage roll and was filled with lemon curd ,we tried to eat it but could hardly get out teeth through it ,the drink situation means that other than lunch you have to ask for it which in the past was offered freely, finally after all those trips you would think we would be above the blue entry level for our membership but sadly no.