“Very professional ”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed May 21, 2019 via mobile

Good and on time flight. Except few rest of the crew were very pleasant. I like their food and drink options and the goodies they give to kids. This makes them occupied during the trip. Very efficient boarding process

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (50,953)

Reviewed May 21, 2019

First time I've flown Emirates Economy for a while due to few factors. Actually the flight was pretty good. Cabin crew were attentive and the food & drink just enough. No complaints.

Reviewed May 21, 2019

For such long flights, flying business is our only alternativ. In that respect Emirates has shown to have a very good service and comfort, and will definately also be our choice for our next possible long flights. Recommended!

Date of travel: April 2019
Reviewed May 21, 2019

We were so excited to get our first trip on the A380 - a huge monster of a plane! After a delay, we were directed into a tiny holding lounge - far too small for so many people, and very hot. On board, not a very modern airbus, not much leg room and not that comfy. The crew didn't come across as friendly at all, kind of grumpy infact. Drinks were 'offered' once. But then not again for the 7 hour flight. On requesting a drink the breakfast orange juice was offered - 3 hours after breakfast. Our kids didn't like any of the meals offered. There only saving grace was a great selection of movies and a good entertainment system. Super disappointed.

1  Thank connorbbennett42
Reviewed May 21, 2019

It is about my genuine and essentially needed service requests that were ignored by Emirates flight attendants on EK225 from Dubai to San Francisco on 17 April 2019. This was a near torturous experience, not only in the flight but a day after that I woke up to severe cough from infection that I contracted in flight. Let me share the experience:

My seat (#55) in the flight did not retain its position when reclined. Three persons were seated behind me and among them was an uncontrolled drunk guy who was continuously coughing for the entire duration of the 15 hour flight. The man seated immediately behind me seemed to be an ignorant old person who was disturbing me by pushing and pulling my unrestrained seat, and the drunk coughing guy was moving in and out by doing a similar act. When my polite request to the old man failed, I asked an air hostess who without trying to sort out the problem, told me tersely that they can’t do anything as there are no empty seats. Then as the disturbance and inconvenience continued, I talked to a tall, slim young male steward who replied that he would get back but never did so. Throughout the flight Emirates did not take any action or isolated the coughing drunk guy. After a long time, I got hold of the tall male steward and explained the problems that continued throughout the flight and told him to at least note down the seat number so that others won’t suffer similarly.

After reaching San Francisco, I wrote to Emirates about the horrible experience and they replied on 30 April 2019. Part of the response read: “May I respectfully suggest that you always request the assistance of a Senior Crew member when such an occasion arises, they will address the matter on an immediate basis, give you an alternative seat and assist you the best they can and will document the incident, for our records.” They also said, “Whilst I do sympathize, I would like to advise that your tickets have been fully utilized, we are unable to consider your request for the refund.”

I didn’t agree with the response and communicated on the same day that the tickets (my wife’s also) have not at all been fully utilized as my basic and essentially needed requests for service have been ignored.

On 2 May 2019, they said, “While I regret that we were unable to conclude this matter to your satisfaction, we have nothing further to add to our previous correspondence, other than to thank you for allowing me to reiterate our final position.” – obviously, they unilaterally closed the file without resolving the matter.

My subsequent correspondence to them was of no use, Emirates ‘flew away’ from responding and did not bother to respond or redress the situation! Is it, pride and arrogance?

Date of travel: April 2019