“EASING A LONG FLIGHT”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed October 21, 2018

Despite this being an extremely long and tiring flight logistically, Emirates make the ordeal far less painful by minimising the discomfort and providing excellent service, seats, food, entertainment and friendly customer service. The staff on board are highly professional and go out of their way to greet you with smiles, optimism and favour. Even if you are not travelling in a VIP class, you are made to feel welcome on board, and throughout the journey you are served with respect and dignity. It was also lovely to see staff interact positively with one another, thereby creating a reassuring team spirit which would prove extremely necessary during an emergency situation. We always make sure that we fly through Emirates on this long Australia to Glasgow trip. The stopover at Dubai was also seamless. We were not disappointed and will certainly book through Emirates should we get the opportunity to visit Scotland again. We hadn't slept for over 40 hours, so we were grateful that staff were so accommodating.

Date of travel: August 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (45,516)

Reviewed October 21, 2018

We managed to get seats on the upper deck. I always love upper deck seats. Feels much comfortable and less crowded. But, I did not get to choose chicken with rice meal as it has ran out. They only have noodle with fish. Had to endure it. Thank god I brought my instant noodle cup. Other than that, it was a good flight. Didn't really sleep because the movies were so many.

Reviewed October 21, 2018

Once again I was on my way to Asia - this time Seoul in South Korea flying with Emirates over Dubai.

The free Limo pick up arrived extra early but the young driver made no attempt to help me with my luggage and there was no communication with him during the drive up to the airport. At check in I got the really nice surprise of an upgrade to first class. I fly often out of Düsseldorf with Emirates to Dubai and this was the first and very welcome time that I got an upgrade. Thank you!!

Having the chance to unwind in the lounge before take off, our flight was eventually called. I made my way to my Suite 2K where I received a nice welcome and a large glass of Veuve Clicquet "Extra Brut Extra Old" before take off. We actually pushed off late from the stand - nearly 15 minutes behind schedule.

During the flight I enjoyed a perfect service as always. I had a gin martini before the meal. Canapés followed by caviar with a glass of vodka. For the main course I had braised beef brisket. Among the excellent wines available I went for the Chateau Mouton Rothschild 2001 from Pauillac, France (from the Emirates Vintage Collection) and the Chateau Leoville-Poyferre, Saint Julian 2006 from Bordeaux. The cheese board was huge and took some finishing. To help me I had a glass of a 1963 port wine - Graham's Colheita single vintage tawny port. After such an excellent meal I had to conclude it with a cognac - the Hennessy Paradis.

Afterwards, I slept a little, waking in time to have a shower just before landing. I was a bit late with the shower but my friendly cabin crew reassured me that there was still time if I was quick - which I was. There was even time for a mug of cappuccino which set me up for the next stage of my journey.

Actually we arrived about 20 minutes behind schedule which was unusual for Emirates. We deplaned in Terminal 3A which meant that there was minimal hassle with the transfer as my connecting flight was also leaving from Terminal 3 Gate A.

So once again an excellent flight experience.

1  Thank Eyekaytoo
Reviewed October 21, 2018

Did a round trip flight New York - Dubai- Mauritus and return. Long flights but very pleasant. Great service. Adequate number of professional flight attendants to care for the passengers. Nice comfortable seats in economy. Reasonably good meals and snacks with wine included. Good selection of in-flight entertainment. Very well trained, groomed and professionally dressed attendants was quite refreshing over many other “relaxed” flight attendants on US based flights.

1  Thank TravelsWithJenny
Reviewed October 21, 2018

Emirates is always on time. The service is excellent with well trained staff.
My favorite is the A380 which is so quiet, and you experience almost no turbulence.

Date of travel: February 2018