“Treated like Cattle”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed December 17, 2017

Drove from Wales on Sunday 10th Decembr in Snow, 220 miles or 270 km all roads clear
M42 next to Airport all lanes clear no speed limit
Airport shut as could not (AS USUAL) cope with the snow
Even when they knew it was coming

Email on Monday from Emirates
'Flight delayed from 01.30 to 15.10 We are currently rebooking those with onward connections'
No problems then? - WRONG!

Arrived airport at 11.30 and joined huge queue 3.30 hour wait to get to check in and leave suitcase -fault Birmingham could not cope with suitcases. At least they provided bottles of water.
The incoming plane arrived in the morning
15.30 still un-loading and loading
2.30 hours on board waiting for loading, de-icing and take off spot - fault Birmingham not enough staff or equipment

Arrive Dubai at 3.30am
to connection desk 100's queuing - after 6.30 am when served
not enough staff and total pandemonium
at 0545 some of the staff left queues when shift finished and just went
waited for new staff
got a manager who did not understand system
Offered me flight the following morning at 0310 plus hotel voucher.
Only when I left did I see the flight was to Hong Kong 7.50 hrs., 4.5 hour lay over then 4.5 hour flight to Bangkok
I am diabetic and by this time was feeling ill, could not go toilet and no water or anything to drink. Question why no help, no water and no proper organization of the queues.
Lack of Staff, Lack of organizing – they had hours to make sure they were prepared at Dubai for these delayed flights. It is their home hub, so they cannot be short of staff.
Why no water or staff asking customers if they can cope
What happened to
SO I PAID $1590 TO GET ON BUSINESS CLASS, four times what I paid in August - suggest airline had increased price due to the demand from passengers stranded. Money I cannot really afford, if I had been younger (Am 67) and did not have diabetes then I might have been up to the HK flight, in the condition I was in that was not an option.
some people were told they had to wait 3 to 5 days for a connection.
The girl at the purchase counter, took pity on me and I got upgraded to FIRST (only good thing of the flight)
I would like to record my thanks to her for the kind way in which she looked after me, by then I was dizzy, sweating and feeling poorly.
The Service at Dubai was a disgrace
NO ADVISE - NO INSTRUCTIONS -NO ONE TO HELP
SOME OF THE STAFF DID NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO AND MOST DID NOT SEEM TO CARE
THE GIRL WE HAD MANAGED 5 PEOPLE IN 2 HOURS

4  Thank Trevor S
Write a ReviewReviews (40,308)

Reviewed December 17, 2017

I was travelling to Singapore with my family for a holiday. I booked 05 tickets and was tacking my infant son and my 06 year old son with me. We were in the D zone and when it came to service time me,my wife and my son did not get our meals. My 06 year old son was hungry and he was crying while I was inquiring about our food the flight cabin crew staff who was there in that time ignored our inquiry. Instead one female crew member told us" I cant deal with you right now". So we have to flag down another male cabin crew and he said the food was over and whether we have ordered food on the flight.Once I showed him the booking he said sorry we dont have food. So I asked while the rest of the flight enjoy their food what are we going to do. Then he bought my son some biscuits and some chocolate in a tray and showed it towards us as if we were beggars in a street. after I protested about the way we were treated they proceeded to bring in three more meals. Which took about another ten minutes. After that they never returned to collect out tray's, I went to the service area and inquired about some worm water for my infant baby. Which never happened. They call themselves worlds best air line, but for me it's the worst air line. Oh, on our way back and we were approaching Colombo and a flight attendant kept on asking me to wear my seat belt. When I told her I'm wearing one she said not you the baby. So I asked her what do you want me to do? she said put the belt on and I said what belt? Then she went back to the galley and bought an infant seat belt. I asked her where was this when the flight took off? she sheepishly moved away with out giving a care in the wold. Worst flight ever and will not fly with emirates again.

4  Thank AmithSW
Reviewed December 17, 2017

This was our return flight from Brussels to Hong Kong with a layover in Dubai in which everything went as expected.

Online check-in 48 hours prior to flight took no more then 3-4 minutes. Luggage drop off at the airport check-in counter was longer than expected as it seems more passengers had completed online check-in compared to those who had not. After 15 minutes with tickets in hand, we entered the restricted departure area of the airport and were off to our gate to await flight home.

The first flight was very good, comfortable seats with good amount of legroom. We managed to sleep a handful of hours in route to Dubai. Interestingly, the chicken curry dinner served was surprisingly good. In-flight entertainment was the same assortment of movie and show options as our original flights from Hong Kong to Brussels from the previous week. Flight departed on time and arrived quite early in Dubai resulting in a bit longer layover there.

Second leg was also comfortable, not so great meal service and the same entertainment. As a result we both mostly slept during the flight and were soon arriving in Hong Kong around 15-20 minutes early if memory serves correctly. Luggage arrived at the carousel within 20 minutes of having touched down and we were shortly on our way home.

In the end, we were quite pleased with both our original and return flights with Emirates. We are not crazy about the Dubai airport, finding it convoluted, too crowded, too few seating areas in the restricted section of the airport and too much construction taking place. This seems to have been the case for several years now and discourages us from using Emirates for flights to Europe. Otherwise, the planes, crews, service and overall flights are pretty good.

Reviewed December 17, 2017

Actually, I flew economy out and business back. Economy depends on whether you have anybody next to you and who they are. This time I had nobody next to me, s I was able to spread my things out and had a very pleasant journey.

Reviewed December 17, 2017

Decided to fly business class due to the distance. Excellent service and cabin. Food is good to very good. We were able to enjoy the emirates lounge in Dubai and Singapore. Great food,showers, plenty of seating. The lounge in Dubai is amazing. The only issue was the outbound flight arrived late so we made our connection but our luggage did not. The emirates staff let us know while we were on the plane (rather than waiting until we couldn’t find it at baggage claim). They had it at our hotel the next day. Also love the free car service when arriving and departing some of the airports.