“Stylish classy Emirates”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed November 23, 2017

Emirates has long has a distinguished record for service, styled and class in the air, but at a price.
Whether that price is underwritten by the UAE Govt, it is in fact well deserved.
My recent London to Dubai A380 flight was a case in point.
While the interior looked a bit cheap with plastic almost shiny wood veneer everywhere, it has a feel of Arabian money.
The crew were excellent.
The food on the day flight was very nice.
The drinks at the 30,000ft bar were well shaken.
The seat was comfortable, I chose a window single seat which gives one a sense of privacy missing in the middle-shared seats.
Overall, a flight to be repeated so long as you (or the payee) can pay the price.
Oh, and the Emirates First Class Lounge in Dubai is a sight to behold, occupying almost an upper floor of the terminal, with bars, showers, restaurants, quiet areas, plenty of water pools and the odd smoking room.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (40,316)

Reviewed November 23, 2017 via mobile

We traveled from Bahrain to Baghdad thru Dubai and here the big surprise
We lost 87 hours of time, money and effort

1. 3.5 days lost in traveling only which is from our Annual leave
2. 1st day was the weather was bad in Baghdad then 2bd day flew without authorities at Baghdad awareness and clearance and we flew upto alnasriya and return to Bahrain and stay the flight for 4 hours then to Dubai again
3. 3rd day flight was scheduled for 15:00 hours and we reach the airport at 11.30 am
Around 12:45 we finished check in and after using the toilets and went to smoke at 13:15 went through immigration and security checking and lifts then train, lifts then reached gate at 13:45
Here the another surprise

Gate closed and we are considered as no show and the flight left .. ????

The flight actually didn't leave but they made a smaller airplane so he reaches first gets the seats first despite the boarding cards but other passengers who reached the gate at 14:05 was able to get into the flight

4. After a big hussle At 15:00 Transferred to less graded flydubai to najaf instead of emirates airline to Baghdad as we flew at 20:00 hours to Najaf

5. We reached Najaf and the drama continued , our bags didn't reach for 5 days and received in Baghdad after a big hussle as we were in najaf the went to Karbala and items stolen and after contacting emirates, fly Dubai, dnata Dubai airport service, Baghdad and Najaf airport and both airline offices , we had to go and pick it up our self

6. Paid for food n drinks and phone calls more than 300 Dhs
7. Hotel advance payment was lost cos for delay
8. We have to go Baghdad again and pay new fees for another hotel when we go back
9. Paid for clothes and other items coz we lost hope in receiving this
10. This is extremely bad services at airport as we had no food neither a place
11. Information given by your staff is totally different as it's how's unprofessionalism especially in regarding the flight information

This is totally unacceptable and we will not fly again on emirates airline for any reason in the future
We demanded compensation for all The damage made but no positive answer given since 4 weeks

5  Thank Hussain S
Reviewed November 23, 2017

My review is more related to Emirates carhire business partner, Cartrawler. Booked and paid for 2 weeks car hire with cartrawler, actual hire was with Hertz.

24 hours delay on Emirates flight, when I arrive at destination to collect the Hertz hire car I was told it had been cancelled because I was 24 hours late. They would not give me a car. I rang Cartrawler who said they would not give me a refund.

So no car and no refund! Cartrawler now tell me they want proof of delay. Emirates state they can take upto 20 days to provide proof. Cartrawler state that is too long and won't give a refund.

What a scam on behalf of Emirates (who I assumed were above this sort of thing), Cartrawler and Hertz.

1  Thank John C
Reviewed November 23, 2017

My wife and I flew from Orlando (USA) to Sydney (AUS) with Emirates, so we were stopped at Dubai for transit. My toe was swollen while in Orlando (I have had gout for a few years, and while I had no problem flying to Dubai, but in Dubai, my wife and I were taken off the plane (They tricked us by saying there was a doctor outside the plane who wanted to speak with me), and we were forced to buy new tickets for the next trip (Why did we have to buy new tickets?).
I contacted them later via their website complaint page. It took a month for them to write back. They simply said that this is their policy. No compensation was given. I replied to that letter, but they never wrote back. They do not have a phone number to call.

4  Thank Terry L
Reviewed November 23, 2017

I recently travelled with Emirates together with my boyfriend as we went to Phuket. I had high expectations since I have heard that Emirates should be very good. Though I must say I was very disappointed. The customer service was terrible. I am not sure they even know what it means. The stewardesses had a very arrogant, superior attitude which I found just low and disgusting. As they went down the aisle they went with hard steps as if they wanted all attention on themselves. One time a stewardess was serving drinks and as she presented the tablet with the drinks, my boyfriend wanted to take the tray to make it easier to take our drinks. Then she said in not such a friendly tone; "Just take the drinks please." Not politeness, no smile. I don't know if they are able to smile, because we didn't see much of it. They may think that the red lipstick makes them look nice, but a smile is way more beautiful. Another time a stewardess was serving food and drinks and as she came to our row I looked up. Then she said in an arrogant tone; "Hold on please", then walked away and came back a little later. I hadn't said anything to her. At the end of a flight a man came to collect all the headphones. I gave mine to my boyfriend so he could give it, because he sat by the aisle. He gave it to the man and a little later the man asked for the headphones, not in a nice way and with no smile. My boyfriend then told him he had already given it. He just looked and then went on. No apology, which one would actually expect. When you work in the service business you cannot act all arrogant and superior, because then you lose customers which you are dependent on to receive salary. They obviously didn't learn what I learned as I was working in the service business. That the customer is the boss. Because without customers, you cannot earn anything. I guess they don't understand that concept. They should either start acting professional and give proper customer service or find themselves a new job in a different field. Another thing was that as we boarded the plane, it reeked of perfume, which was just very nauseating to be honest. Very disappointing was also on the flight from Dubai to Phuket as my boyfriend and I didn't get to sit together even though we had booked as a couple. We were told that if there were some available seats in the back that we could maybe sit together. The stewardess never came. My boyfriend then saw that there were some available seats in the back and we asked a stewardess if we could sit there. Then she said that no, these seats are for the cabin crew to sit down for breaks. Uhm, what? I have never experienced that the cabin crew is sitting with the rest of the passengers. So this was very odd. The food was ok, the entertainment was not to be complained about, but the rude, unfriendly, arrogant cabin crew just ruined everything for me. I have this to say to those arrogant stewardesses; "Get over yourselves and get down from your high horse, you are not better than anyone." So I will not be travelling with Emirates again, and I will certainly not recommend it to anyone I know, quite the contrary actually.

8  Thank Martha91