“Crappy Service and Food: Poor Customer Service”
Review of El Al Israel Airlines

Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

Flight attendants require training in customer service — good listening skills and caring for the customer. Attendants were rude, did not provide accurate responses to customer questions.definitely will not take El Al again. Additionally, did not respond to requests when I pressed the button for assistance. Travel to Israel frequently and will now definitely select another airline!

2  Thank Talentisageless
Write a ReviewReviews (2,675)

Reviewed November 17, 2017

You expect bad from small company , unknown for most people.you find clean aircraft,well serviced,not terrible food , nice drinks and interesting duty free items at very competitive prices.

1  Thank jehudam2017
Reviewed November 11, 2017

My 2nd consecutive flight with EL AL....if possible, never again. I don't like to write negative reviews but this is the only way to warn others, make it public.

EL AL 'Lost & Found' at Ben Gurion airport is ONLY interested in getting the customers out of the way as quickly as possible; that was my experience both times. They don't listen to the customer's requests or details. This 2nd time I didn't even get a toothbrush. I had to explain that my luggage would arrive on the next flight (see explanation further below), I told the assistant 3 times and only then did she bother to check her system.

Both my trips to Israel involved me first staying in Tel Mond before travelling much further north to a kibbutz near Nahariya. Both times staying with relatives.

1st flight to Israel with EL AL: I explained my travel schedule but they took the luggage to my 2nd address, therefore I didn't see it for 3 days until I arrived. They told me they would call beforehand, they never did. When I called them the day after my arrival, they said it was with a driver who was already up North.

2nd flight to Israel with EL AL: Towards the end of the flight, the stewardess told me that my luggage would arrive with the following flight (I was 1 of the first people to check in!). I was requested to go straight to Lost & Found after clearing customs. This time I only gave them the address in Tel Mond where I would be staying first. I told the assistant at Lost & Found where I would be staying AND I showed her the exact address on my phone (it was TYPED). The following day I called Lost & Found. The girl on the phone was in a hurry and she said that the driver would call me. I had to tell her 3 times to slow down and please listen. I wanted to double-check the delivery address, then she insisted that I was staying in Tel Aviv and NOT Tel Mond. I had to convince her that was not true. She then gave me the courier's telephone number upon my request and just before she hung up, I double-checked the address again. Only then did she notice that she gave me a wrong number, for the Tel Aviv courier. I was put on hold twice, then I got a different number; unfortunately, that courier told me he wasn't working. I called Lost & Found again to explain; a different girl (this time) also insisted that my address was in Tel Aviv. The previous customer assistant didn't change the information in the EL AL system. She connected me to the previous assistant, again I was put on hold, then I got the correct number.

NOTE!!! Regarding luggage: if you don't pro-actively chase up EL AL, then things will almost certainly go wrong.

NOTE 2: EL AL never contacted me after filling in their Customer Survey nor after sending them an email.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
7  Thank debnathbk
Reviewed November 10, 2017

I haven't flown El Al in over 20 years and my memories of El Al are quite vivid...sort of brusque service, lack of comfort, etc. But I was in Paris and needed to get to Tel Aviv, and I figured it was time to give El Al another try.

El Al is now a top notch airline. The plane itself was modern, clean and comfortable. The crew was every bit as service oriented as any other major airline's crews and the food/amenities was good.

The plane left on time, arrived on time and the flight was totally pleasant.

I had considered other cheaper options from CDG to TLV but was scared off by the reports of shady service and inconsistent schedules. El Al was superb.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed November 8, 2017

Luckily it was only a short hop to Larnaca on El Al's cheap subsidiary. It was an A320 but the air quality in the cabin was appalling.You gets what you pay for...

1  Thank Janis S