“Outstanding Captain”
Review of easyJet

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were due to fly back at 9pm on Friday the 17th May. We were initially delayed by some 30 minutes which the Captain came out into the cabin to explain why, they had hit some birds on their flight into Naples and they were cleaning the engine from the birds debris. However, the situation then worsened when on further inspection of the engine they had found further damage and therefore the plane was to be put out of use. This was now 10.30 pm at night and again the Captain came out into the cabin and explained what was happening and that every effort was being made to find a plane (which they did) in order to get us back to Luton that night. Not only did the Captain speak to us but he also assisted in serving of drinks whilst we were stuck on the plane. We eventually took off some 2.5 hours later than scheduled but the whole experience was assisted hugely by a very communicative and open Captain which made a very pleasant change.
My only criticism was that the next day I phoned easyjet to try and get the name of the Captain and to ensure he was complemented but the Customer Service person that I spoke to was extremely unhelpful, a real shame given that, for once, I was looking to compliment the airline and especially one of their Captain's.

• Food and Beverage
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (45,154)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

EasyJet were disappointing from start to finish
We had what easyJet classed as a two hour delay but we ended up sat on the plane for ages arriving in Jersey 3 hours late
There were no hot or cold sandwiches on offer and no ice so my gin and tonic was served warm
I purposely chose not to have hold luggage yet this crew girl sneakily tagged our bags and as we went to board they were removed and placed in the hold
Just poor service

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From baggage check-in at Edinburgh, to collection of baggage in Prague, easyjet nailed it again! Speedy boarding was fairly flawless, the cabin crew were polite & accommodating, overall our outward flight was excellent. Similarly, our inbound flight again posed no problems. Both flights were largely on time (no delays) and for the relatively short flight (2 hours) fairly comfortable.

• Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Good price and the great service from the crew's. Good airplane. I would fly with easy again and again. Very clean and seat were comfortable . Well done and thanks again to the crew's

Date of travel: December 2018
    • Customer service
    • In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

EasyJet’s customer service is terrible. I waited approx 10 mins to actually get through the massive script to choose the option that most suited my query.
All of that just to be told that the information I was looking for was on the website (it wasn’t). So I had to go through the ordeal all a second time.

My boyfriend has chicken pox and cannot make it to a family members wedding. An illness he cannot travel with. The person in customer services tried to tell me that the only thing they could compensate me for was the taxi from the airport. Something I had not even bought.

I think it’s terrible practice that a global and billion pound company like easyJet cannot reimburse someone who cannot fly due to illness.

Flights from jersey are expensive and that 1hour flight cost me over £150.