Tripadvisor
Search

“House Closing”
Review of Delta Air Lines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Traveled to Florida to close on a house. The flight was peaceful and stress free. Airplane was new and clean. The crew were great as always.

Date of travel: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (57,188)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

When we got to our hotel after our long flights, all the clothes 2 suitcases were sopping wet!

Called Delta and they did not care.

Very disappointing

Date of travel: January 2020
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

the planes were on time, clean including the restrooms. the food was great. we had a wonderful purser and remainder flight attendants on the flight out. he was always with a smile and a laugh for everyone. the seats on delta business are comfortable but my 6"4 husband still is claustrophobic and has trouble with space for his legs.

Date of travel: December 2019
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flight was scheduled for a Saturday afternoon, after New Years. Arrived at airport 90 min pre-flight, turned in rental car, and waited more than 20 minutes for the shuttle from car garage to terminal. (The shuttle wasn't brand-specific, it was the shuttle for all car companies, from the FLL garage to Departures.) I ALREADY had checked in and had boarding pass, so I entered the baggage-drop line inside (60 minutes pre-flight). The airport was crowded, and the line didn't move for a very long time. Delta did not have any employees surveying the line to look for potential flight misses, or to advise customers on other options. I watched constantly for an employee to help me. People were queued in front of me, and behind me. There was nobody I could ask for help. At 45 minutes pre-flight, the wife of the married couple behind me left her luggage w/ husband and left the queue to seek help. She came back w/ a Delta employee who escorted them out of the queue to drop their luggage & make their flight. I don't know how much money they gave the Delta employee. While the Delta employee was taking their bags, I asked him if he would also help me. He said no, he wouldn't. He said at 45 minutes, it was too late for me to make my flight. So I remained trapped in the queue. At 40 minutes preflight i saw him walking again, and again asked him if he would help me, and I showed him I already had my boarding pass and just needed to drop my bags. He said no, he couldn't help me. I didn't have any cash on my to give him. And that is how I will always remember Delta... DELTA WILL HELP CERTAIN CUSTOMERS, BUT WON'T HELP OTHERS. Delta was understaffed. When I got to the front of the queue, it was 25 minutes pre-flight. I had waited in the baggage-drop line for 35 minutes. The attendant was apologetic that no employee had helped me in line, and she found me a flight departing 32 HOURS LATER, FROM A DIFFERENT AIRPORT 1 hour away. I had to pay a large amount of money for the price difference. I've learned a lesson about flying on the Saturday after New Years', and I've also learned to never fly with Delta because they can't provide adequate service during busy times, they treat rich customers better than they treat avg people, and they didn't accept any fault for their slow service and lack of line attendants, which caused myself and other Delta customers to miss flights.

Date of travel: December 2019
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My group ranged from A young teen to my 6'4" husband. While he was barely able to sit with his knees pointed forward anyway, both international flights had seats pushed back so that was not even an option. He was unable to use his tray table without his leg in the aisle and space of the adjoining seat. If he tried, it would be diagonal instead of flat. The 1.5hr flight to and from Italy had more space, and more upfront and aware staff. Even my 5'2" daughter was unable to sleep. In flight entertainment was mostly old, while one AUX jack crackled and cut out audio.
While I do not have issues with kids on planes, the degree to which irresponsible parents were catered to was appalling.
A couple had two kids under 3, who they did not have seats for. The steward quickly reseated the woman in front if us in order to give them an extra seat. The parents put on sleep masks, headphones, and put their seats back. Their kids screamed, no response. Their kid climbed over the seat and put their hands on my face, nothing. Their kid poured water on my husband's knee, their kid grabbed my iPad... No help.
When meal service came around during the 30-45 min the kid did sleep, the dad was woken up and asked if he wanted meals set aside for his kids. He said no. Steward offered again, he said no. Third try he said yes. A couple hours pass, he asks for the food. It's been given away. He was offered an alternative, as well as the additional flight meal, but he declined. Took snacks, which they ground into the carpet.
The steward gave him two flight credits for the trouble.
I've had a viral bug for a week and a half since returning. My neck is messed up badly enough that I've made a chiropractor appointment, something I didn't even have a doctor for until now.
I don't know if the seat sizing being worse than flights around 1/10th of the length is to get people to pay for business class. But after paying 3k total to get to Italy, I'm confident I will warn anyone planning a trip - DO NOT FLY ANYTHING MANAGED BY DELTA. It is not worth having your knees slammed into and the flu after a random kid puts their hands on your mouth.

Date of travel: January 2020