“Flight Delay”
Review of Delta Air Lines

Reviewed November 21, 2017

They served us complimentary soft drinks and snacks in the airport while we waited. Totally unexpected and unexpected!

Write a ReviewReviews (38,372)

Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

Let’s face it anyone who fly’s US domestic airlines has very low expectations. Flew DL64 from LAX-ATL on the older 777. Leg room very poor, just glad I flew VA across the pacific. Drinks service as usual, you pay for everything else.

I did fly Atlanta-Washington and Orlando-LAX on the new 757 and it was quite nice. Good leg room and modern entertainment system with the head phone jack under the screen instead of stupidly being in the armrest. Drinks service went missing in action on the 5 hour flight to LAX, but if you have a choice in flight time aim for the 757.

Reviewed November 20, 2017

Just got off a flight from Seattle to Amsterdam. Having had such wonderful customer service in US, it was the complete opposite to travel with Delta. We had got a good price for our flight so were not expecting much but it was just awful. The cabin staff made it clear they thought they should not be serving us and we were a complete inconvenience (we never bothered them for anything - this was just while serving up the basic drinks). They looked miserable, avoided any eye contact and just thumped down the food with no communication - at times they appeared to be trying to pass at speed in order to avoid serving you at all. One member of staff looked so miserable and hostile, I thought she must have some personal problems. When we arrived, however, she cheered right up so it was obviously just the fact that she had had fare paying customers to serve which had been the problem. On the way out, narrowly avoided being hit by the cabin crews luggage as they rushed to get it out.
Flew out with KLM who are wonderful. If you want to feel like you are despised by the crew, fly Delta.

Reviewed November 20, 2017

As I've stated in the title, I've flown Delta before and never thought it was amazing, but I guess I took them for granted. Now that I have a son, I feel and see how great Delta is. In the 4 flights that we took with Delta in the last 3 months, they always tried to help me, my wife, and my son, as much as they could! The first time we flew, was to Amsterdam and they blocked off row 21 C-E so that our lap infant could use his car seat. There was a mistake though, as there wasn't a row 21, on that particular that plane. The attendants then took us to Comfort Plus and seated us there. We didn't have the whole row, but at least we had more space. The food was decent for airline food and the flights were on time. In all of our other trips, my son, luckily, was able to bring his car seat with him.

Also, Delta now serves food in domestic cross country flights. From West Coast to East Coast and vice versa, Delta serves breakfast, lunch, or dinner, depending on the time of flight.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, movies)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed November 20, 2017

BEWARE - if you pay for Delta Comfort and they do a schedule change to a plane without Delta Comfort seats they will move you to regular non-comfort seats and keep your premium seat fees without telling you. Our family booked flights through KLM and Delta in March 2017 for an upcoming trip on New Year's Eve to start a once in a lifetime cruise from Abu Dhabi to India. We partly chose these flights because we were able to purchase Delta Comfort + seats with their extra legroom for two out of four of the major legs of the trip. We paid $109 per seat per leg to upgrade to Delta Comfort (6 passengers x 2 upgraded legs x $109 for a total of $1,308 of upgrade charges). We were recently surprised to find out that Delta had moved us over to a code share on an Air France flight for our outbound leg from Chicago to Paris, seemingly because Delta wasn't able to fill their own plane that we were originally booked on. We were assigned regular economy seats because they said that Air France does not have anything like Comfort Plus. That was disappointing enough, but what was worse is that we were not refunded our money for the Comfort Plus seats that we had purchased. When we called, a Delta supervisor said they have no obligation to refund our fees. After two hours on the phone they reluctantly agreed. Maybe airlines are special, but in most areas of business marketing a better service and then delivering something of less value, while taking money for the service you don't provide is called "a bait and switch" or in other places just plain fraud.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Value for money