“A Right Company”
Review of Delta Air Lines

Reviewed September 20, 2017

Very good service on board, with a very friendly staff and with whom you could understand as they spoke Spanish. This is the first time that I travel with a company that offers several times snacks and drinks. Good food, dinner and breakfast. The baths, very clean, both at the beginning and the end of the journey.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (34,986)

Reviewed September 20, 2017

I have flown with Delta quite a few times and have usually had a decent experience but I was normally booking through a travel website like Expedia or Hotwire. This time around I wanted to travel from Charleston, SC to Portland, ME exclusively through Delta, leaving on Sept 15th and coming back on the 18th. My first flight on the 15th to my layover at JFK in NY was very smooth, but upon landing there was an hour delay in my flight heading to Maine. Totally understandable, life happens and its only an hour or so but coming back home on the 18th was a complete disaster. My flight from Portland to JFK was supposed to leave at 6am. I woke up to an email letting me know that my flight had been delayed to 9:22am and once again, totally understandable. I got to the airport and proceeded to check in but only received one boarding pass leading to my layover but there was no actual flight information. Wanting to be sure that I had everything I needed, I went to the clerk at the Delta check in desk where I was told to go to the desk at the gate terminal to receive my seat assignments and that they would reprint all boarding passes I needed. At this time I asked the agent at the check in desk about the seats that I had paid extra for while buying my ticket to where I was told to call the Delta Help Line (...Which is another story) and that she wasn't able to help me. Once I got through security and found my gate, I went to one of the women at the boarding desk, handed her my ticket, and she proceeded to find me a flight to get home. She handed me two boarding passes letting me know that my flight will now be leaving at 11:05 and Ill be going to Laguardia instead. I'm slightly disappointed at this point but I'm headed home soon so I felt I could relax but then I look at my layover ticket and they had me leaving from Portland airport to Laguardia in New York but my next boarding pass said from JFK to Charleston and I only had a 2 hour layover. Beside the fact that I've never been to New York, I'm confused as to why I had to travel to a whole new airport, go through security again, and find my terminal in a huge airport in order to get on my flight to get home and why she didn't think to explain this to me before giving me my tickets. Now, I'm panicking but I assume its an error. I went back to the desk and asked the woman if there had been a mistake and she told me that it hadn't been. I proceed to ask her how I was supposed to make it to JFK from Laguardia and she told me I could uber or take a cab or rely on a shuttle if time persists. So, here's another expense that I'm supposed to pay and I'm going to be rushing from one place to another.. Just didn't make much sense to me, so I asked if there was an easier way for me to get home, even if I had to wait longer but the flight that was about to show up had been over booked so they were having seating issues and the computer was being used up so she told me she would get to me as soon as possible. At this point, we have about 20 minutes until boarding starts. I go to sit and wait anxiously, worried that I'm going to have to complete a dummy mission once I get to New York. I was never called back to the desk so about 10 minutes later, I noticed both of the computers that were behind the desk weren't being used so I went back up and plead for them to help me find a way to get home easier, which she did. Both flights were now out of Laguardia, I was finally on the right path to get home, albeit 5 hours later than expected. Make it to Laguardia and find the gate for my next flight that is supposed to leave at 3:15. Boarding starts around 2:45ish and everyone is boarded on the plane by 3ish. The pilot comes on and tells us we should be taking off in 10-15 minutes, so I bring my pillow out for a nap. I wake up about 40 minutes later to the pilot coming back on the radio to let us know that air traffic control had placed 10 planes in front of us by accident but they were going to fix it and we should be taking off in another 10-15 minutes. Why had it taken 40 minutes for us to get this information?! The 10-15 minutes goes by and were in line to leave now but there are quite a few planes in front of us and it wasn't until around 5pm before we took off. Once again, we were supposed to be in the air almost 2 hours before. I attempted to call the Delta Help Line on Tuesday to ask about the extra money I'd spent on the seat upgrades and I spent 18 minutes on hold and just gave up. I get that sometimes there are bad days but being a company as large and supposedly professional as Delta, none of the employees that I encountered had their ducks in a row and then I wasn't even able to talk to an actual being. I would seriously have to consider if I would use this airlines services again.

Reviewed September 20, 2017

I never understand what goes on at LGA with the traffic and moving planes around. but as usual the event caused significant delay. The gate agent kept us informed. Plane was fine and the service was decent. Arrived an hour late. Wifi was awful.

Reviewed September 19, 2017

Whether I am flying local or cross country, Delta gets a hue thumbs up from me! Excellent Customer Service from the time you enter the airport to the time you get home. They always go the extra mile to be sure their passengers are comfortable and happy . Thank you Delta Airlines!!!

Reviewed September 19, 2017

Comfortable flat bed seats- have had wider seats on some carriers and more narrow ones on other carriers; bottle of water at the seat when you get on. Decent lunch at the beginning of the flight and light meal 1 1/2 hours before landing.