“SLC-LAS”
Review of Delta Air Lines

Reviewed September 4, 2017

Living in SLC I tend to exclusively fly Delta in the US. They are one of my favorite airlines and have consistently got me to my destination on time. On this flight I was able to visit the cockpit and sit in the captains chair before takeoff. The captain even came out and talked to the first class cabin.

Date of travel: August 2017
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (53,036)

Reviewed September 4, 2017

What can I say? A good review for an airline? Really? I know it sounds crazy but whenever I fly Delta, nonstop from KC to NYC, I enjoy the experience. Really. We (my wife and I), fly this route a few times a year and actually look forward to it. Really. It probably helps that I'm in the "short" line for security so I'm not already annoyed when I get to the waiting room area. The flight seems to always be on time, and that also helps. It's a smaller jet with just two seats on either side... and that also makes it more pleasant.The overhead bins are small so your carry on bag is taken from you at the end of the boarding ramp, placed in the belly of the plane, and handed to you as you get off the plane. Ok, that's an exaggeration.... your bag isn't handed to you it's placed at the end of ramp for you to retrieve. The flight attendants seem to actually enjoy their jobs so that's a plus as well. It's not a bad way to spend two and a half hours while you read, nap or work on your computer.

Date of travel: April 2017
Reviewed September 4, 2017

I guess we are used to international business class travel, but domestic first class is different. The seats were ok, not much recline. Service was very good from checking in to plane service.

Date of travel: August 2017
Reviewed September 4, 2017

Baggage check was difficult. There was one person at the counter so the line was quite long. As I stood in line, I was talking to the person in front of me about the amount of time we spent waiting. Eventually they called the person in front of me to get their boarding pass and check their bag. When they finished, they closed the counter and left everyone waiting. They were switching clerks. Once the new person signed on, I was called to the counter next. I asked to get my boarding pass and check 1 bag. The clerk told me that she does not print boarding passes. I had to do it myself. I told her that the previous clerk did it for the person in front of me. She said she was sorry and refused to do it. She then told me that she could not check my bag without a boarding pass. She told me to go to a kiosk, print a pass, then get back in line. Bad experience with check in overall. The flight was great and on time.

Date of travel: September 2017
Reviewed September 4, 2017

Great trip. Flying business class for an international flight on Delta was worth the expense. Arrived well rested. I look forward to future trips on Delta Airlines. Their customer service was awesome! The attendants on the flight were very helpful and made sure you were comfortable during the flight. During travel access was also provided to the Sky Lounge which was an excellent perk. Thanks Delta!

Date of travel: June 2017