“Great airlines in the world”
Review of China Eastern Airlines

Reviewed November 23, 2017 via mobile

I like taking China Eastern Airlines and it is one of the best airlines in the world and it is very comfortable and safe to fly, the meal is great, the flight attendant is nice and help guest and very good to fly between China and overseas.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (3,257)

Reviewed November 22, 2017

I have flown China eastern over 4 times and every single time is terrible. Pay the extra money and fly with another company. If your flight gets cancelled along the way, they WILL NOT notify you. Any rebooking or reroutes then must be paid out of pocket. They cancelled a flight to my final destination and rerouted me 5 hours away. They offered $10.00 usd for bus fare. I paid $300 extra to fly into this specific location. Now I am paying a driver almost $1,000 usd to drive me the 5 hours. 10 bucks compensation!!???? My only other option was booking through another airline which was an additional 24 hours of travel time plus $800 usd. This is absolutely unacceptable. I will NEVER EVER fly China Eastern again.

5  Thank jturner1
Reviewed November 22, 2017

First I’d like to debunk some of the awful reviews I’ve read about CES. So I understand there’re a relatively new long haul carrier and they may not be as sophisticated (yet) of the big carriers but for the price point I believe you’d be hard pressed to beat this airline.

We flew at mid nite from LAX. The flight boarded on time and departed on time. We were served an entree of rice and fish or rice and chicken with all the typical airline accoutrements (salad, bread, plus a serving of sushi). Complimentary wine and beer was offered as were refills. The seats were as comfortable as any economy class I’ve experienced and I’m a big guy (6’3” 220 lbs). The entertainment center boasted a large viewing screen mounted in the back of the seat directly in front of you. Ample selection of current movies and games for adults and kids. And it worked. The plane was a newer 777 so overall the equipment was better than I’ve experienced on US transoceanic carriers.

We were offered breakfast 2.5 hours before landing. Again the food was fine (eggs w beef, fruit, yogurt, bread, you get it). It was served hot.

There is room for improvement such as keeping you better hydrated ... offer more water during the long flight). Work on the boarding process so it’s not so chaotic. The crew were extremely polite and efficient but language skills can always be improved. And please kill that bright white screen that pops up whenever an announcement is made (it can wake you from a dead sleep :-)

All in all we were very impressed ... maybe because we had such low expectations going in. In any case I recommend you give them a look.

2  Thank Larry B
Reviewed November 22, 2017

Considering the fact that China Eastern is relatively cheaper compared to other Asian carriers such as Korean Air or Japan Airlilnes, I was satisfied by the flight they served. Legroom was enough, In-flight entertainment system was also equipped with various hollywood movies.
Cheap Price and its worth it.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank HYUNUK
Reviewed November 21, 2017

After reading reviews of this airline, I was deeply concerned I had made a mistake booking with them. I am greatly relieved to report that all was just fine. I booked economy and received economy. Food was offered frequently and was just fine. you cannot check in online but checkin at the airport was fast and efficient. Very lovely airline staff.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
4  Thank isgoodforme