“Uncomfortable experience”
Review of China Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife is taking a connected flight from BKK via Taipei (CI838) to Miyazaki (CI114), Japan right now. When she made an web-check-in 24 hr before departure, the web check-in system itself has accepted the connected flights but only the boarding pass of BKK-Taipei was issued and the system said the boarding pass of the connected flight is available at the check-in counter. However, when she went to the China Airline check-in counter this morning, check-in counter service person claimed her why she did not have the boarding pass of the connected flight. She explained many times about the response of web-check-in system, but the counter person did not accept her explanation. Eventually, although my wife reserved the aisle side sheet for the flight , her sheet was changed to the window side. Because of such an unpleasant experience, she feels unhappy to have your flight any more. Because we are living in Miyazaki, japan and we have been working in Khon Kaen, Thailand, we often use China Airline flight, but such an unkind and unpleasant experience discounted a lot about the merit of using China Airline flight. We should say the service of China Airline is absolutely poor and unkind for the passengers.

• Customer service
Write a reviewReviews (4,035)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Worst airlines ever.Me and my wife were travelling from Delhi to Auckland via China airlines on 14th January by flight no.CI182.We reached at the Delhi airport at 11:00am before the 3 hours from the flight.when we reached at the China airlines counter then lady at the counter took 30 mins just to print the boarding pass.we went for immigration and security after following the long queues.When we reached at the boarding counter then lady at the counter told us that they have found something in our luggage like Powerbank.So,the lady name Aakansha Kapoor went alone with me for the clearance of the luggage.There was no ICsf officer with her.when we reached there then she took out the power bank and disposed off it without my permission.I told her that you should ask me before disposing it off then she told that ok I will show you my power now.My wife was waiting next to the boarding counter and the other lady from the counter came to my wife and tried to snatch her passport and boarding pass.The airlines staff did the misbehave with my wife.When I came back then one of their airlines staff Ashish Kapoor one of their senior staff shouted on me and my wife and he push me as well.He said that I am going to offboard you and he offboard my wife without asking her anything if she want to go in the flight or not.Their staff members doesn’t have any ethics of customer service.The airlines should teach them manners to treat the customers.Ashish Kapoor told us that this airlines is not your dad’s property.This airlines service is for the customers and if customers are abused and harassed by their staff members then it is my humble request to the managing director of the airlines that please teach your staff the basics of customer service.We have lost $6,000 just because of airlines staff.People were watching there as well.They requested the airlines staff as well but Ashish Kapoor told them that you guys do your business.We are not going to travel by China airlines for the rest of our life.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hard to be critical of the service or refreshments on our flight. The food was very good. We flew premium economy and the seats were quite comfortablen though being tall I would prefer a bit more space between the rows of seats. I would fly CA again.

Date of travel: December 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

One item on our bucket list was to fly business class and after much research we chose China Airline. Holiday included 4 business class flights and the service both, cabin and ground staff was brilliant. The cabin crew certainly knew how to make your flight comfortable and relaxing.

Date of travel: June 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank leonardh524
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

China Airlines' entertainment offering has greatly improved. It now has good movies and up-to-date TV series, such as Game of Thrones. The food is also tasty and well-presented. And the cabin crew are charming. We'll fly CAL again.

• Food and Beverage