“5 months and still no refund”
Review of Brussels Airlines

Reviewed October 21, 2020

Had flights cancelled by them and 5 months later I still haven’t received a refund. I have filled in forms, rang numerous times and I’m still no further on. Every month I get told it will be done at the end of the month, what a load of rubbish. Avoid this airline at all costs the way they treat their customers is an absolute disgrace.

Date of travel: July 2020
2  Thank L9806YWrobertc
Write a reviewReviews (7,693)

Reviewed October 18, 2020

After nearly 7 months lockdown in Uganda has the time finally come again when one could travel out of the country.
In Entebbe I used the NAS' Pearl Assist service and subsequently was going through the various security and health checkpoints with much greater ease.
Carol, Christine and Robert did a first rate job and I can only recommend the Assist service to help navigate the departure slalom through all the check points
I was amongst the first to check in - local regulations require travelers to be at the airport 4 hours before departure - and check in was a breeze.
Staff were masked, of course, but as always with SN courteous and friendly - and happy to be back in business of course.
I spent the time between check in and boarding at the Premium Lounge in Entebbe which was very comfortable.
Priority boarding also did the trick to get on board with minimum contact to other travelers.
Once on board, welcomed by Purserette Mrs. Custers and her team, was I shown to my King seat, put my backpack into the overhead compartment and settled in.
Pushback took place 25 minutes early perhaps due to the lower passenger load but by the look of it was the cargo hold full with outbound palletes.
The 'new normal', and I agreed with the crew about that, is nothing like the normal we knew before the pandemic and all crew on board were wearing masks and gloves.
The food was at its usual best but due to health and safety restrictions was the service tuned down, though as friendly and warm as I remember from many past flights with SN.
The formerly customary display of fruits and snacks AND PRALINEES is gone, in fact was the fare well gift of fine Belgian pralinees from Neuhaus also missing but the crew was attentive throughout and regularly patrolled the cabin to see if a guest had any wish or need.
Capt. Houssa, Capt. Depiereux and First Officer Creytens steered the ship through calm skies to Brussels where we arrived 75 minutes early due to favourable winds and an early departure. When the doors opened did Purserette Custers and Assistant Purser Priou bid me and the other passengers good bye and continued safe travels.
Again, a great flight but very very differend from what used to be ...

2  Thank Safariafficionado
Reviewed October 7, 2020

Friendly personnel. Not only announced clear "corona-rules" but also made them follow (at least to a very reasonably extent). Notwithstanding the nearly-full flight they served catering, thank you!
Leg space, in general an issue for me, was very good ... as I sat at an emergency row. And my golden FF card did the rest...

2  Thank Philip P
Reviewed October 5, 2020

Be warned.

Brussels Airlines booked me on a codeshare flight operated by United 18 days after United cancelled the flights.

When I contacted their customer service centre, the representative refused to acknowledge the issue and would not assist me with rebooking my reservation. He focused on blaming United and bemoaning the difficulties of telework, rather than finding a resolution.

I recommend avoiding this airline at least until travel returns to normal.

1  Thank TJN202
Reviewed October 2, 2020

I've booked an expensive flight from birmingham to geneva which was canceled due to covid. I've tried all of their contact channels, chat, twitter, facebook, email, refund form. Either their answered that it did not happen on this plateform or it just did not work ! I'm scandalised !

Date of travel: May 2020
1  Thank alexandresN8303JZ
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.