“Cancel flights but does not refund!”
Review of Brussels Airlines

Reviewed September 13, 2020 via mobile

NEVER book with this crappy airline. Brussels Airlines cancelled our flights in May, we requested a refund immediately and we are now in September with ZERO money refunded. To put this into perspective, we experienced similar cancellations with other airlines and they have all refunded us long ago with much less hassle. We had flights cancelled by KLM and EasyJet, two airlines with semi shady, discount like, images and they refunded us. But not Brussels airlines. They just keep our money and request our support...

Date of travel: September 2020
    • Customer service
    • Value for money
3  Thank Thomas_fra_Virum
Write a reviewReviews (7,661)

Reviewed September 12, 2020

to board my flight they are telling me my carryon and any and everything in my hand has to total 10lbs to go on plane, pocket book and all, I ended up had to pay $200 for my carryon and misc.items in a box and shrink wrapped then to get to my destination all my luggages except for that box with my carryon on bag and valuable items did not come, they said following day, I did not receive my bag 5 months later with all the back and forth with them. Only to receive my carryon that is half full and NOTHING ELSE, EVERYTHING THAT WAS FULL IN MY CARRYON AND MISC ITEMS IN THE BOX WAS ALL GONE!!! Not only they deny me of paying $200 for my bag but want to shift the blame on me for checking in my carryon on bag that I had valuable items and gifts from Dubai and their people stole. I have the emails from them and BELIEVE ME THEY DONT CARE!!! THAT WAS MY FIRST AND LAST I RATHER SPEND MORE ON MY FLIGHT THAN TO EVEN CHANCE THIS AIRLINE. Even on the flight the service and comfort was lacking it just seem like throwing everyone in and we just sit and don't move, there's is no comfort, frighten for me to say but I would prefer taking Spirit Airline instead of Brussels airline because they DONT CARE. I don't do reviews much but for all these months dealing with them I had enough and I must share...dont even connect your flight with them.

Date of travel: February 2020
1  Thank janicegrnt3
Reviewed September 3, 2020

I have been chasing my refund for the past 3 months, the customer service just try to make you wait longer with fake standard message like "we are facing an exceptionnal situation due to covid" knowing it woud take less time to refund you than to waste 20minutes on the phone and answer 10 emails.
Avoid them especially in uncertain times.

Date of travel: March 2020
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank 379lionels
Reviewed August 28, 2020

What a bad concept. You pay extra but you don’t get any food or drinks included and you sit just as well next to other passengers while people in economy sit alone... Explain me that.

Date of travel: August 2020
1  Thank helenadema94
Reviewed August 27, 2020

I had a flight in June that got cancelled, of course. Instead of asking for a refund, I went with the flight voucher, since I had plans to visit my sister in Europe anyway.
Worst decision ever. They only let you use it by calling to the call center (no online booking), I already called 3 times (from Brazil, pretty expensive) and it's a terrible service. The first time that I called it was just to "register" my voucher, then I had to call again in 24h to try to book, but the call center guy couldn't make it, so he told me that I would receive a call in 48h. Since no one called me, I had to reach them again in 72h, and I've been told that system is out of service.
Its' practically impossible to book it again, problably will lose this money

Date of travel: August 2020
3  Thank Betopegler
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.