“Heathrow to Lisbon”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Slow take off due to clogged airport slots at Heathrow - great straightforward flight with attentive crew - 25 minutes circling the air above Lisbon before being able to land and then a 10 minute bus run to the terminal from the runway - not the best experience but not the fault of British Airways who kept it as professional as ever

Write a ReviewReviews (30,741)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’m not a fan of BA at all. I often travel this route and though I love the A380 the economy service, product & crew are dreadful. The mixed fleet crew are unhelpful and miserable offering a poor and disjointed service, HOWEVER having just flown Club World BA have truly redeemed themselves.
The crew were friendly, gracious and helpful.
The product excellent from the menu, food, White Company bedding & amenities.
An excellent flight and would highly recommend.
My only criticism would be the seat configuration. Not too keen on facing a stranger though I like the privacy panels.
Also unless you have out your traytable there is nowhere to place a glass or bottle. The seats are very narrow and have experienced better business & first class options on other carriers.
Well done BA I thoroughly enjoyed my return flight LHR-JNB-LHR.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Flew late at night, slept most of the way. Had nuts for a snack and a chicken salad sandwich for brunch. My first time flying coach overseas so I wasn’t expecting much and they didn’t disappoint. Flight back was an ETERNITY. One of the bathrooms was unusable, the stewards didn’t bring refreshments hardly at all; I was dying of thirst. Good lunch, great ice cream, overall good selection of free movies on both flights. Gotta day my butt was killing me the whole way back. Lost our luggage on return flight

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

All went as scheduled. We arrived early. I had luggage in the hold, as well as allowed 2 bags/holders into the cabin. The flight was around 1hour 25 mins.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

British Airways is an okay airline: boarding the aircraft is a bit slow, the seats are comfortable, nice staff and okay entertainment, but poor and boring food.
I travelled from Miami to London Heathrow and the flight from Miami to London was okay, but absolutley not one of the best flights I have experienced.

Boarding the aircraft was delayed due to late passengers not showing up when they should, but after a twenty minute extra wait I got safely onboard. The planes departure was delayed thirty minutes, but it arrived on time. There where long lines at boarding and the system that people have different groups depending on which class you are travelling in is just confusing and unnecessary.

My seat was comfortable and the legroom was good and I could stretch my legs without any problem. A blanket and pillow was provided (even in Economy class), so it was comfortable and cozy.
I sat at row 42 of 44, which was outstanding: close to the toilet and also close to the emergency exit, where it is a lot of spacing for stretching your legs and do some exercises and to walk around. Sit as far away back as possible, that is my strong recommendation. I sat at the corridor in the four middle seats and it was good to sit by the corridor and not in the middle of the four seats.

When the flight started the flight attendents walked around giving out small bags of salt pretzels to everyone, however those were too very salt and sour
The food I got as a vegetarian was poor (and my meat-eating father thought his food was poor, as well). As a vegetarian I got a stew with tomato rice, mushrooms, broccoli and red peppers. It was okay, but served in a plastic box. I also got a very small waterbottle, a dry baguette (the best-before date on the baguette was in 2019). I also got another plastic box with unexciting salad. Everything was served with small containers with dressing and butter.
For dessert I got a juicy chocolate cake, which was delicious. And I got a small bag with dried fruits and a "health warrior" chia bar.
For breakfast I got (as a vegetarian) a very small plastic bowl with a fruit salad, it was so extremeley boring, so they should not have served it, at all. I also got another "health warrior" chia bar. The meat eaters got a vegetarian pretzel with cheese and my father thought it to be boring and not suitable for eating.
During the flight the staff walks around to serve everyone drinks and beverages, for free. You can choose between soft drinks, water, beer, wine or spirits.

The staff and flight attendens are polite and they do what they should do. You get the service you expect, but nothing more.
The messages from the captain are good and he informs you about weather and if there is going to be a delay or if there is something he thinks the passengers should know about. The safety movie is very fun and you really listen to it, since it is so amusing.

The entertainment onboard is good and there are plenty of movies, for both adults and children. I saw some nice movies and therefore I did not get bored. However, the screens are rather small, so you really have to use your eyes to see the movie properly. And in the middle of my flight there was a malfunction with all the screens, making them turn black. The screens did not work for some minutes, but after a small time they worked again and everyone could happily continue watching their movies.

I would not recommend British Airways for longer flights, since both dinner and breakfast are boring and the movie screens too small, but British Airways is a good airline for shorter flights, but if you are going for a longer flight and need food onboard, I would not recommend British Airways! But they are great for shorter flights!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, movies)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
;