“Budget airline”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed November 23, 2017

Just returned from India on a Brisith Airways flight. On outward journey seat was uncomfortable, sagging in the middle. Told cabin crew but they didn't seem at all interested. No choice of menu, curry for both dinner and breakfast!!! Return journey wasn't much better, although seat was ok. Again, curry for lunch but fortunately had chicken pasta for afternoon meal - was lucky though as next row didn't have a choice, and yes, it was curry. Sorry BA, compared to other flights I have had recently, you fall short - you're a budget airline with expensive fares.

3  Thank Christine E
Write a ReviewReviews (35,343)

Reviewed November 23, 2017

I think it’s safe to say that BA business class is one the worst. They were the pioneer of flat bed business class seat back in mid 2000s but they seem not willing to reinvent their cabin.

Whoever designed the business class cabin for BA should be banned from designing another cabin. The business class we flew in (Boeing 777) is cramped. This is probably because they want to stuff as many seats as they can in the cabin. The layout is weird. There is not enough space to store personal items. There is only one space for shoes but that’s all.

The service was so so. The food was fine but nothing special. The amenity bag is lousy wth lousy amenity kits. The snack bar was pathetic.

Honestly, I don’t know how they can survive the competition in the premium cabin with so many airlines offering much better seat and service.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank LeoLHR
Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

I am 6'2, so not a giant, my knees are pressed against the seat in front, don't know what the declared seat pitch is on this A320 but it is comical to have the flag on the tail and the interior expected in a low cost Asian carrier.
Back to Air Malta for me.

1  Thank Ian G
Reviewed November 22, 2017

never thought that BA would stoop …

I never thought that BA would stoop this low, please trust me when I say that I have travelled on many many airlines, however we as a family were subjected to the worst holiday experience you can imagine, all thanks to BA, without going into detail, they failed to deliver a standard service on the flight, they lost our luggage, they lied about the delivery of our luggage for 3 days just so we would not buy anything to claim against, I am ashamed to say that this company has the word British in front of it....do not buy any flights from BA, it is not worth the extra money they charge, the moment it goes wrong, you are left out to dry...never again will I use this company and never ever would I thought I would say this, but EasyJet, Ryanair, you are way above these guys when it comes to customer service...

2  Thank Deano196552
Reviewed November 22, 2017

Travelled back from Amsterdam on Monday afternoon and would like to thank BA for their TOTAL LACK OF CUSTOMER CARE given to passengers on the flight, delayed by a technical fault , and made to get our bags and go out of the airport and come straight back in to start the check in process again.
Yes it was nice for us who had paid the extra to travel business class and had a comfortable lounge during the delay but what about the rest of the passengers, left to sort themselves out around a large airport at their own expense. None of us were given any information. Told to go to bag claim 2 and wait half an hour, sorry we meant an hour and half but we at BA also don't bother to tell you this because we don't care, we've had your money. Then BA tell you to go back to the check in ,but wait the check in tell to go and get a new ticket from reservations, but wait, reservations then tell you didn't need to do this as the check in could have done it, but never mind it did pass away an hour for you while BA staff just seemed to laugh at your antics. Absolute disgrace that the so called 'flagship' airline of this country treats their customers with such contempt, and the amount of 'lies, fibs or clearly the staff just didn't know was disgusting.
Business class it felt more like cattle class. Suggest you fly with another airline.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank DeeSmith610