“Good for short haul...avoid for long/Business”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed October 16, 2017

BA's decision to offer M&S food for sale on short haul has been controversial, but makes good sense, in my view. If you want to eat, get something you like either at the airport, or on board. The money they save is, presumably, spent on keeping fares competitive. So in the short haul market v Easyjet, Ryanair and the like, BA is a solid player.

But avoid for long haul. Here, the standards have really slipped, especially if you find yourself on one of their 747s, as I recently did. These planes are really filthy and the in-flight entertainment is so decrepit, it's barely watchable. Economy seats are worn and tatty. I've also flown Business a few times in the last year, where you pay a lot of money for a seat experience that has fallen way, way behind the competition. Save hundreds of pounds and Fly long haul with Norwegian if you don't mind going to Gatwick, or spend roughly the same amount and enjoy a far superior experience on Qatar, Emirates etc. Even American and United are better.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (33,039)

Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

We used BA to “bookmark” our celebratory holiday to Canada and USA with my wife, brother-in-law and sister-in-law. Our flight out to Vancouver went without a hitch but the return flight from LA was something else. We had paid extra to fly Premium Economy as we were celebrating 60th Birthday, retirement and Wedding Anniversaries. The “promise” was champagne on boarding - only juice or water was offered! The main meal was down to 1 choice, Gnocchi, and we were only two thirds down the cabin,! Only remedy was something from the Economy menu, so glad we had paid all that extra money. Finally we were surprised that we had to pay £40 to pre-book each seat so we could all sit together - other airlines do not do this on Premium Economy. All together a very unsatisfactory experience and we will not be using BA in the future

Reviewed October 16, 2017

flight ba059 September 23/09/2017 due to depart 21.30 all boarded and push back from stand on time ,started taxing only to be informed technical fault,returned to stand for engineer to look at fault after sitting on on the plane until 0.45am 24/09/2017 onlt to told that unable to take off fault not fixed,we then waited another hour before ground crew let us off the plane,all to return to check in and be issued with over night accommodation voucher and a five pound food voucher for the next day ,after arriving at premier inn at 03.30 hour sleep was all I needed,we returned next day foe a rearrange 17.30 take off but never once di any BA staff own the problem now some four weeks later I,am still waiting to hear back about the refund for a delayed longhaul flight,very poor for our National carried!!!!!

Reviewed October 16, 2017

I wouldn't fly with BA again. Not after being on the plane for 9hrs with only 5 drinks and crap food. The food was horrible, looked like someone has dropped it on the floor, and then picked it back up again and served it. The drinks were small and you could only get a drink when the drinks cart was out. The entertainment was out dated. it didn't seem as though there was enough duty free for both journeys(there and back) as me and my family didn't like the food and wanted different food and was told that we had to wait for the duty free cart and they couldn't take notes as it had to be the precise change. I can understand why it didn't cost that much. However it did ruin the holiday and therefore making me not want to fly with BA again.

Reviewed October 16, 2017

I was nervous as it was my sons 1st flight but the staff were brilliant. I am gluten free and the food was good. Very attentive staff and the plane was clean and comfortable.