“Poor and bad service”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed August 15, 2017

Check-in was horrible- not enough staff. 1 person for business and first check-in and 3 persons for economic class. It took to long time. Flight was delayed. Bad service in general of BA staff on ground and on the flight.
Flying on business class dosen't mean you get better or the best service. After trying to get in contact for more then 8 times with the stewardess by ringing the bell I almost gave up getting the service and my food I'd been paying for. Being ignored I find it very rude of BA. Food was horrible - non eatable at all and I only got one bottle of water for my almost 8 hour trip.
Seatings are bad and hard. A lot of noice in the cabin. Cleaning poorly, Staff not very helpfuld or friendly. Overall - Very bad and I'm very disappointed of BA.

3  Thank Eliwhallgren
Write a ReviewReviews (32,869)

Reviewed August 15, 2017

Well where do I start? I have so much praise for the crew on this flight and also the return flight and the 2036 return, i do not know where to start.
I was greeted by a great BA welcome, great friendly service from the to cabin crew looking after me (the same 2 on the way back too), The perfect mix of friendliness, humour, professionalism and fantastic service. I felt very much at home.
The return journey the next day, was when I was in work mode, escorting my patient back after a very traumatic stay in the USA. the crew were outstanding, they made my job easier and they relaxed my patient.
Thank you very much BA, I have a golden ticket, but I wanted to give it to all the crew that made both my journeys a very enjoyably experience. I felt wrong giving it to one and not the other, can I get another Golden ticket to give to both crew.?

My only grumble and you are going to read this and say 'snob' is that i am now rpudly a gold card holder, all down to having to travel with work, but when standing in the 'First' check in at Gatwick, the Business customers were being seen to first and all the first/gold passengers were left standing for 20 minutes...... would not happen at terminal 5!

Reviewed August 15, 2017

This is first time I have used ba and when we reached Belfast and got my luggage one of the suitcases was completely busted open, on speaking to one of the helpful staff I filled in a claim form and was told someone would contact me with in 3 days, 6 days later and nothing back from them, I have rang more than 10 times and left 2 messages asking would someone let me know what's happening and no one replies to my messages, all in all this is terrible service for big company but then the bigger they are seems the service gets worse. I am sure now this will me being out of pocket for new suitcase

3  Thank Jim T
Reviewed August 15, 2017

I fly to Zurich regularly and thought I'd give the BA LHR-ZRH route a go as I was sick and tired of paying crazy train fares to get to budget flights thus making it no longer a budget option. It was all going well until I got to the airport...

The flight was around 20 minutes delayed at first which was okay but it arrived a lot sooner so we started to board but then passengers were told to come back from boarding due to an air-conditioning fault. Not a lot of information was given and we were told to sit down again for 40 minutes. When we were finally on the plane it was still hot and quite stuffy which didn't help as we had to sit in the aircraft for a further amount of time before taking off - absolutely nothing offered such as even a glass of cold water to cope with the sitting around in heat - I have been on Asian airlines that have done this within 20 minutes or so of the delay being announced!

Furthermore, the flight landed closer to midnight than it's original time of 10:30pm which almost resulted in me missing the last train to the city and possibly having to stay in the airport for 5 hours until the morning trains or end up taking a taxi for an astronomical fee.

Disappointed so much with BA and will reconsider using them for Zurich flights in the future...time management doesn't exist.

1  Thank dameauxchats
Reviewed August 15, 2017

Online check in worked very well and saved time. All the staff were very friendly. The pilot spoke in a factual and pleasant tone. One felt safe. The ability to buy a decent sandwich is good but I do think that one should get a drink for free. Booking was easy but difficult to work out a few months after booking whether one could take any luggage or not. Information needs to be clearer. Would be happy to fly BA again.