“First time with the "magic " windows.”
Review of Avianca

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my first long haul flight with Avianca. I wasn't able to purchase any additional leg room on the flight but because the windows were programmed for mostly dark cruising--even thought half of the flight was in daylight (leave Bogota 2100 arrive Barcelona 1545)--I was able get my desired shut eye. Decent food and very nice staff.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (14,564)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Avianca is a world-class airline. I've used the before, usually for the short Panama-Bogota flight. This time around, I flew from Panama to San Jose, CR, which is a short 1-hour flight. Avianca's staff was very friendly, starting with the check-in counter, all the way through to the flight attendant. I was particularly impressed with the flight attendant: When they handed out snacks, I initially declined. Later on, I changed my mind and asked for a sandwich. Without me even asking, the attendant brought me a drink (also) so I could have it with my sandwich. This is what I call customer service.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had no idea what was happening when they brought around free food and drinks, as well as having films on the flight. Customer service was really good and plane was really clean and nice.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hi, I recently traveled with Avianca from Quito to Asuncion. At the airport, I did not realize that my bag was broken. As soon as I started unpacking I saw that the bag had very clear signs of having been dropped from a very high altitud and with great force. I went straight to the Avianca office in Asuncion, but, since it was a Saturday, it was closed (unacceptable for an airline office). I tried to make my claim online but their web page is very confusing for this type of action. I did not have a chance to go to their office again until after 10 days of my arrival. I placed my claim and they answered that it was too late to claim anything! Is this the way a business class passenger should be treated? All they needed to do was give me a 200 dollar voucher (which I would spend buying a ticket and paying a lot more) and I would have been a satisfied customer. Does anyone know if there is a way that I can have my case reconsidered? I have been an Avianca customer for years and now I am very disappointed.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We flew economy class with Avianca from London to Bogotá and found it to be a very disappointing experience indeed. My wife and I are both small people but nevertheless we found the extremely limited amount of leg-room in our seats to be the worst we have ever encountered when flying.

We were also staggered by the very apparent lack of understanding about the accepted norms with regard to the catering procedures on international flights to and from London. Our flight took off at 9.40pm and yet there was no catering service delivered at all until nearly midnight. Additionally, Avianca seem to have no idea at all concerning what an aperitif is. On any other long-haul flight I've ever taken passengers are served an aperitif of their choice before dinner. Avianca seemed to be completely ignorant about this practice.

The meal itself, when it finally arrived, was OK, but the cabin crew appeared to be untrained in European standards regarding the provision of drinks. I found this surprising as the acquisition of a service to and from London Heathrow must surely represent quite a coup for the Colombian airline.

Since taking the flight we have been touring Colombia and found it to be a delightful experience. In particular thevColombian people have been very nice indeed and the food has been magnificent. We have also taken 1 domestic flight from Bogotá to Medellin with Avianca and found that to be a vast improvement on our international experience. The plane was much better in every way. Smarter and with much more comfortable seating. We both found it surprising that Avianca, having secured a prestigious route to and from London Heathrow, would not make that their flagship service in terms of quality, rather than having better quality on their domestic services instead. Furthermore, we have also now had 2 flights with the South American budget airline Viva Air and those flights have also been of a vastly superior quality to Avianca's London - Bogotá service.

All in all then, we were very disappointed with our Avianca flight from London - Bogotá and I'm afraid we're certainly not looking forward to the return flight in around a week's time.