“Pleasant flight”
Review of Austrian Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a very pleasant flight with Austrian, nice helpful crew, no delay whatsoever. And we could carry 23 kg of luggage at no cost !

Write a ReviewReviews (5,423)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Does this airline staff think the rule thenworld? The worst service and nastiest attitudes I have ever experienced. I have been Flying for over 40 years and this day was by far the worst. The flight was late departing, hence missed my connection to Naples. Therefore, missed my ship departure and lost a day on planned recuperating holiday.
At the service desk in Vienna, I got the worst agent who told me they tried paging me, and then laughed in my face. I called the supervisor to complain, they put me on flight to Sicily which was the second stop of ship. Now I have to check into hotel, my expense, rent a car to get to port, my expense. And what do they day- “ it’s not our problem” who do they think they are? Nasty, mean peoples and I am ashamed that my family is actually from this country. Never ever will I fly this airline again nor come to this country. DONT FLY AUSTRIAN AIRLINE

1  Thank srimanone
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had to pay 40 Euros for one piece of the baggage. During check in I was told that I have Economy Light type of the ticket. That information was not on my ticket. I wouldn't mind paying extra cost if that was mentioned in the ticket. To charge something that is not mentioned on the ticket is cheating.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Damir S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First I have to say that this is not my first time with Austrian it is one of my favorite airline. I was on a Business trip to TLV with on a Saturday afternoon waiting in line to board, check in process was great I had a quick bite at the airport, got my dark chocolate and I am ready to go. Just before boarding they announce 30 min delay due to a technical issue than after more then 30 min they said they will know for sure in about 30-40 min then after an hour the screen behind the boarding counter said “CANCELED” I fricked out. A lady in a wheel chair waiting in line asked me if she can use my phone of course I said and dialed the number for her she needed to inform family of the situation. The announcement came from the boarding counter that we need to go back to the check in counter where we will be given either hotel vouchers or an alternative flight. What a mess..... went back to the check in counter everyone is waiting in line I can see the airport team getting ready to open the counters I am standing in the business line even though I am flying coach (star alliance) first guy is being called to the check in counter all of a sudden a guy in a suit stand before the crowd and says “excuse me I need your attention please, your flight has been reinserted please go back to the gate” I did not need to hear more, I ran back through security.... again. I was the first to board the plane. As I walked into my seat zone right behind business I was greeted by 3 crew members, I said “I am so happy to see you” they were laughing I asked one of them about my duty free because I forgot to pick it up she took my slip and went back to the gate to bring it. The flight was great I was nervous because of a couple with a baby was sitting across the isle from me the steward promised me she will make sure he will be asleep she came back later to report the baby is a sleet and so was I, almost the entire flight (after dinner). Over all about 2 hours delay which didn’t really matter I had 4 hours to kill in Vienna so it was ok. Great flight great airline and the best crew ever. Thank You So Much

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I took Austrian via Vienna on my flight to Berlin. They use - as well as Lufthansa - an A321. The interior looks very welcoming and new. I had a row in Y class for my own.

Transit in Vienna is somewhat labyrinth-like but I found my way to the Senator lounge.

Flight to TXL was late and uneventful. Will fly them again.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)