“My First time using this airline was...”
Review of Asiana Airlines

Reviewed December 12, 2017

..Really Good!!. Plane is in pretty good condition, food is great!, staff is very attentive and always taking care of business, services are always clean! (That is a Plus), the only downside I found was...entertainment options!, unless you are fluently speaking Korean, you'll get stuck in a 16 hrs flight with 3 or 4 movies you can watch at. Other than that I would recommend this airline and most likely I will use it again.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (2,473)

Reviewed December 12, 2017

Second leg of a Heathrow - Sydney flight, this deserves a separate review as the aircraft and cabin is, in my opinion, much nicer and has more modern and updated feeling, although the seats/ beds themselves are much the same as the Boeing 777, as is the service and food and beverages, which are all excellent.

I sat in seat 10A, on the upper deck, forward business cabin. The cabin lighting is much calmer and less yellow in appearance than the Boeing 777. In front of this cabin is a small social area, with seating for 4, and enough space to gather with fellow passengers of travel companions, chat and stretch your legs. There are 2 toilets here, one of which is very large and great for changing outfits for the flight or arrival. I imagine it would be really handy for travelling with children or for less mobile passengers, or the needing assistance.

The audio visual system is controlled via a small touch screen remote, again located in the seat. This is much more user friendly than the Boeing 777 system. Earphones are the same and I couldn't hear any aircraft or cabin noise over them.

Food and drinks service were all great, if similar in offering to the previous flight. The chicken breast main course was really good, and I couldn't fault any of the dishes. The Port was delicious, a 20 year old Taylors, and the Chardonnay was a lovely rich older style. The coffee with breakfast was also excellent.

I slept like a dream and only watched one movie, during dinner and before falling asleep.
Again the seats are as on the earlier flight, although were more modern in appearance and looked newer (less wear and tear). Pillow and quilt were the same and very comfortable.

The only issue I would have with this flight was the cabin temperature, slightly too hot given the quilt etc. Pyjamas would be handy, but for the return journey I will pack shorts and a T-shirt so I don't wake up sweaty.

The crew on Asiana really were excellent, and would rival and of the crew, in any class of travel I have flown with.

Reviewed December 9, 2017

This flight had a stop over at Incheon Airport. I was actually glad to have chosen Asiana for the reason that its layover is in Incheon Airport. That airport is very good especially for long layovers. I did not go for the free transit tours and instead just settled to stay at the Transfer Lounge.

I got a good/cheap rates with Asiana Airline that is why I did not expect high quality service from their end. Overall experience was fine.

Reviewed December 7, 2017

Why am I paying for pains? There are 4 things that I am deeply disappointed with Asiana Airline.

1. Numerous delays: 3 times. I had to cancel my Saturday dinner appointment. But it's okay. It could happen.

2. The world worst customer service at the counter: I and my wife's seats are separated. (When I have purchased two people's tickets at once, it's automatically and always assigned seats together for decades.) And of course, gentely asked if we could sit next to each other. The only answer I received was that 'You figure it out. I can't do anything. This is how it is' . I still cannot believe. She moved our seats close. My seat was in front of my wife's seat. When I asked her 'what's going to happen next' she replied 'it's all up to you. You need to ask people around to change your seat'. I was like ' what about cabin crew? would they be responsible for this? " She told me NO. And she asked me to take $10 voucher. This got me really upset. I was asking for her effort to put us together, no the cheap vouchers. I left the counter speechless.

3. As I got on board, I looked for the manager if he could do any help for us to put together. I've waited for a long time and finally, he solved my simple request.

4. The airplane looked like 80s one. fabrics had its old smell, no touch screen, no USB ports, no nothing. Incredible. I haven't seen this old aircraft at least for 10 years. There was a box beneath my seat. and the metal corner part started hurting my foot. I didn't have any will to ask cabin crew to do something. I took care of it with my own bandage.

The agent at the counter was like an old lady and her name is Seung-Hee Kim. I can't believe that Asiana Airline lets this rude service to customers.

Horrible experience ever. Never with Asiana Airline.

3  Thank DannyL2737
Reviewed December 7, 2017

On the B777-200ER from New York to Seoul lasting more than 13 hours, the flight was smooth, the attendants were friendly, the seats were comfortable and had enough leg space. Very clean, spacious, mostly quiet except for one child having certain reactions at times (and the flight steward tried to help). Two items were given to every passenger: In-flight slippers, alongside a toothbrush with a travel-sized toothpaste. A thoughtful and very-welcome gesture.

Korean food such as bibimbap for lunch was delicious (with good quality gochujang and sesame oil) and well-presented, although the veggies did not fare so well when it came to the steamed rice selections with gochujang-flavoured beef or chicken for the second meal. Did not try the steak for lunch, so unable to comment on that. The mid-flight snack of a ham and cheese roll also went down well. I was very well-fed, and my hot water requests were quickly answered.

Entertainment was slightly less varied than Cathay Pacific or Singapore Airlines, but still very decent. For the ticket price relative to overall quality experience if flying from New York to a Southeast Asian destination, this airline is better than those 2 airlines (IMHO, but YMMV). Asiana is one of South Korea's two main carriers, and provided a positively memorable experience with this aircraft.

Even though I was already at the boarding gate but had gone to the store next to it to look at Maui Jim sunglasses wonderfully-designed to truly protect the eyes from the sun in a stylish manner (and not easily available outside certain countries), the Asiana representatives at the counter later called my name alongside the gate number and flight number, to ensure I would reach the correct gate with enough time. Boarding was also quick. Flight took off on time, and landed on time.

Notes: If you have any specific dietary requirements involving animal-free meals or not eating certain meats for personal reasons, check to see if special meal choices can be booked to accommodate your preferences, prior to buying a ticket.