“Delay 3 times and horrible staffs. Never again fly with Asiana (저는 이제 절대로 아시아나를 타지 않을 겁니다)”
Review of Asiana Airlines

Reviewed December 7, 2017

Why am I paying for pains? There are 4 things that I am deeply disappointed with Asiana Airline.

1. Numerous delays: 3 times. I had to cancel my Saturday dinner appointment. But it's okay. It could happen.

2. The world worst customer service at the counter: I and my wife's seats are separated. (When I have purchased two people's tickets at once, it's automatically and always assigned seats together for decades.) And of course, gentely asked if we could sit next to each other. The only answer I received was that 'You figure it out. I can't do anything. This is how it is' . I still cannot believe. She moved our seats close. My seat was in front of my wife's seat. When I asked her 'what's going to happen next' she replied 'it's all up to you. You need to ask people around to change your seat'. I was like ' what about cabin crew? would they be responsible for this? " She told me NO. And she asked me to take $10 voucher. This got me really upset. I was asking for her effort to put us together, no the cheap vouchers. I left the counter speechless.

3. As I got on board, I looked for the manager if he could do any help for us to put together. I've waited for a long time and finally, he solved my simple request.

4. The airplane looked like 80s one. fabrics had its old smell, no touch screen, no USB ports, no nothing. Incredible. I haven't seen this old aircraft at least for 10 years. There was a box beneath my seat. and the metal corner part started hurting my foot. I didn't have any will to ask cabin crew to do something. I took care of it with my own bandage.

The agent at the counter was like an old lady and her name is Seung-Hee Kim. I can't believe that Asiana Airline lets this rude service to customers.

Horrible experience ever. Never with Asiana Airline.

3  Thank DannyL2737
Write a ReviewReviews (2,462)

Reviewed December 7, 2017

On the B777-200ER from New York to Seoul lasting more than 13 hours, the flight was smooth, the attendants were friendly, the seats were comfortable and had enough leg space. Very clean, spacious, mostly quiet except for one child having certain reactions at times (and the flight steward tried to help). Two items were given to every passenger: In-flight slippers, alongside a toothbrush with a travel-sized toothpaste. A thoughtful and very-welcome gesture.

Korean food such as bibimbap for lunch was delicious (with good quality gochujang and sesame oil) and well-presented, although the veggies did not fare so well when it came to the steamed rice selections with gochujang-flavoured beef or chicken for the second meal. Did not try the steak for lunch, so unable to comment on that. The mid-flight snack of a ham and cheese roll also went down well. I was very well-fed, and my hot water requests were quickly answered.

Entertainment was slightly less varied than Cathay Pacific or Singapore Airlines, but still very decent. For the ticket price relative to overall quality experience if flying from New York to a Southeast Asian destination, this airline is better than those 2 airlines (IMHO, but YMMV). Asiana is one of South Korea's two main carriers, and provided a positively memorable experience with this aircraft.

Even though I was already at the boarding gate but had gone to the store next to it to look at Maui Jim sunglasses wonderfully-designed to truly protect the eyes from the sun in a stylish manner (and not easily available outside certain countries), the Asiana representatives at the counter later called my name alongside the gate number and flight number, to ensure I would reach the correct gate with enough time. Boarding was also quick. Flight took off on time, and landed on time.

Notes: If you have any specific dietary requirements involving animal-free meals or not eating certain meats for personal reasons, check to see if special meal choices can be booked to accommodate your preferences, prior to buying a ticket.

Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

Long flight very good, but many shorter flights have old planes. Service is good. Food is normal airline quality.. On short distances normally no entertainment system or only over head with some random programs running. With that said it's possible to find good prices tickets if you book in time and they seldom late or cancelled.

Reviewed December 6, 2017

HND to ICN 2h 20min.Relax and comfortable.
ICN to IST is long fright but I could watch many good movies and I took delicious Korean food at this fright.

Reviewed December 5, 2017

Been flight with Koreanair mostly. but Asian has good price compare to Koreanair and seat was very comportable.