“Would use American Airlines again”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed January 21, 2020

This was a flight just before the New Year. No surprises, luggage arrived when we did and everything was on time.

Date of travel: December 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (69,180)

Reviewed January 21, 2020

Showed up at the moment they closed the boarding call and no exceptions made. Had to wait 3 hrs for another flight and use standby to try and get a seat. Wont fly American ever again. I completely understand if the plane was closing up but this was at the boarding call close. Where is the humanity in that.

1  Thank Y9026KNtonya
Reviewed January 21, 2020

After arriving to the Palm Springs airport in California, I got in line to check my bag. The line wasn’t terribly long, but the attendants were taking quite some time processing the bag check in lines. I am the NEXT person in line and one of the attendants at the counter told me to make the process quicker I should use the Kiosk, so I gladly got out of line to the nearest kiosk to process my bag drop. There was one kiosk that was on and it failed multiple times to look up my flight information with my code number and my passport. I became frustrated and asked one of the attendants to just process my bag for me since the kiosk wasn’t functional. She then told me I would have to move to a different line, AGAIN to have someone else help me. So I went back to the other line and waited in line behind multiple other people. Once I finally got to the front desk, for a second time, I was told it was too late to drop my bag and that I had missed the cut off! The only reason I had missed the cut off was because I was following the direction of the attendants! They kept telling me to wait and see what they could do. At this point my flight was departing in 30 minutes and had already started boarding, and I wasn’t even through security yet! It took an additional 10 minutes of calling “higher ups” and “managers” that all shot down the requests of the attendant. I asked to speak to them directly and was told I couldn’t because she was currently boarding MY flight. I was furious at this point. I was about to miss my flight after following the direction of the attendants and THEN I was told I would have to fly stand by to a different state to get a different connecting flight if I wanted to have my bag arrive at my destination in Atlanta Georgia. I refused to take that as an option and then all of a sudden the attendant took my bag and told me it was taken care of. I luckily made my flight just in time after all of this waiting and arguing for something that wasn’t even my fault. I would NOT recommend flying with American Airlines and I will never be booking with them again in the future. I’m extremely unsatisfied with the customer service I received by all three attendants working that morning.

Reviewed January 21, 2020

Great trip to the DR however, the return flights home from Miami was a constant change delay and I missed my connection in Dallas so I missed my ride home from the airport in Albuquerque. Never again....

Date of travel: November 2019
Reviewed January 21, 2020

My brother and I flew through Dallas/Fort Worth(DFW) connecting to Nashville TN on January 17th. Our plane landed a little late and our layover was about 25 minutes if you only count the time allotted for boarding. The issue with this is that DFW is the hub for AA and they should be fully aware of the time it takes to get off the plane in one terminal and ride the tram car to the next terminal and should have never allowed this tight of scheduling to begin with. When we arrived at our gate there were 14 other people that were now told to go to rebooking and sit on stand by for the next flights. They couldn't get us a confirmed spot on the plane and wanted us to catch different flights. After realizing we weren't going to get anywhere we took our standby tickets and waited. We told the attendants that we would not get on the plane separately. They acknowledged this and told us to wait by the gate in case another spot opened up. One did not so we gave up the one confirmed seat we had on the plane. At this point the attendants got angry and told us that we should have told them this before since they are paying money to another passenger to give up their seat to give us the one seat. I mentioned that we made this perfectly clear to them and that we also paid money for these tickets. We argued for a bit, they basically tried to blame me for the situation so I left and went to rebooking. We told our story to the two people behind the counter. One of the attendants was acting rudely toward us I wish I grabbed his name tag. Fortunately the woman we spoke with was able to get our flights rebooked to Memphis. I didn't catch her name but she was the only person at American Airlines that day that had any clue on how to speak with human beings. Sure flights get missed and delays happen but treating the passengers like they're the scum of the earth because of your own poor planning is causing you to deal with them in the first place is unacceptable. Lessons learned, don't fly American Airlines and certainly don't book connecting flights through DFW.

1  Thank Londonium2021