“Smooth flight!”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our flight from San Diego to Miami was so smooth I almost forgot we were in the air. Every now and then they would say we are about to experience turbulence that might be bumpier than normal but I never felt it. I used the free in air wifi to watch a Zac Brown Band concert it was awesome!! We arrived in Miami with no delays or worries. However, when we arrived at the airport we were told one location for our flight and 20 minutes before the connecting flight we learned it was on the other side of the airport luckily there was a cart available to drive us to the gate. Other than that the service of staff and flight was great! We will be flying American again real soon!!

Date of travel: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (65,794)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall, my flight was a good experience. I was a bit annoyed that I had to pay a bit more for my economy flight in order to assure that I had a seat and knew where it was. It was equally annoying that I had to pay extra to have a carry on. I would rather pay a few dollars more and have that included. The legroom was acceptable, the plane was on time and actually EARLY! I have not experienced that in a while. My only complaints are the Wi-Fi, which really didn’t work, the fact that I could not see where my flight happened to be geographically, and that the American pilots give no information or details. They could up their ante with a bit more friendly care.

• Seat comfort
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have had to fly American several times over the past 6 months, and they are always late. Only one flight was on time. In addition, the staff are dismissive of your efforts to get where you're going on time. They are rude and uninformed.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

AA is a company that deliver what they sell you, but it could be better. Customer service is not proactive or has the willingness to help. Service onboard is poor, flight attendants are rarely easygoing and are never patience with passengers. Seams they just want to get out of there. Well, I dont think that this is much different from many other airlines. Rare occasions I had a great experience with the crew.

• Seat comfort
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Both my outbound and inbound flights had no WiFi and no entertainment system. On a 6 or 7 hour flight this is unacceptable. One of the flight attendants expressed amazement that there was no WiFi and apologized. I wrote American Airlines and was informed "their Gogo Inflight Internet system functions via land based cell towers". Also was told I could check within 24 hours of my flight if Wi-Fi will be available. A lot of good that does when I'm booking the flight months in advance. The value of the first class seat was diminished considerably but AA was not offering any compensation. In addition, my seats on the return flight were in Row 1 which meant restricted leg room. These were the only seats available when I booked the flight. There should have been a notice of this when I was booking. Ecopnomy seats would have been more comfortable. Try sleeping on an overnight flight when you can't stretch out your legs! The advance knowledge of this combination of
no Wi-Fi and restricted leg room would have easily directed me to book with another airline. I won't make this mistake again. Hope readers of this will be forewarned as well.