“Birthday Vacation”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

All the flights were on time,and all the attendants we're very warm and welcoming!The snacks were adequate and refreshing.

Date of travel: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (64,664)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

good flight and good service but delayed 45 minutes in late evening, delaying arrival to nearly midnight. Very attentive flight attendants, helpful check in agent.

• Food and Beverage
    • In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I took a connecting flight (not by choice) to New Orleans mid Aug. While entering my connecting flight in Dallas to New Orleans the crew announced there were no more room for bags in overhead compartments. I was seated in row 21 and there were atleast 10 rows behind me. All of the overhead compartments was empty from the row in front of me all the way back. When I asked the crew why did they lie I was met with rude responses. I told them I needed to make sure my bag will be in NO as I was going for a specific reason and had person items I needed. They assured me my bag was going under the plane which was not true at all. Once I arrived in NO I was informed after 45 mins of waiting for no reason that none of the bags collected were put on that flight and they would be arriving on the next flight which was about 3-4 hours later. I remind the lady at the service counter I had medication etc in my bag and she assured me I would have my bag by end of day. I called that evening and was informed I would not be receiving my bag until the next morning. The next morning I was again told I would receive my bag by early afternoon which turned into late evening. I finally received my bag the day b4 I was scheduled to leave. Completely humiliating and just disgusting experience. Will definitely never fly with American Airlines again nor would I recommend. Offered absolutely 0 compensation for the inconvenience. Their idea is go spend the money you set aside to eat n enjoy this trip on toiletries and new clothes and we will just give you that money back. Completely disgusting response. Wasn't able to enjoy my trip cause i had to waste my time shoppping, waste my money on food that I had vouchers for (in my suitcase) and buy clothes instead of going on pre planned excursions. 0 sympathy, 0 empathy, 0 compassion from this company. Ruined my experience and a waste of my hard earned money.

Date of travel: August 2019
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Flying out of Peoria was a fantastic choice for us. We have an airport in Springfield where we live, but the Peoria airport is still fairly close and offers more affordable prices and more flights. Security line was only 5 minutes long at 5:30 am when we arrived, the flight left Peoria on time, and the plane was moderately comfortable. The flight arrived in Chicago on time, which made it possible for us to catch the second leg of the flight which left only 45 minutes after we arrived at O'Hare. We have had hit or miss experiences with American Airlines in the past, but this flight could not have gone any more perfectly!

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

i was glad to find that my flight had free entertainment - i simply plugged in my own headphones and was able to select from a wide variety of TV shows and movies. Definitely made the flight time pass by quickly!

• In-flight Entertainment