“Southern China Airlines companion company”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was seated in the back of the "bus" on a tour of India. I flew 15 hours from LA to China then another 5 1/2 hours from China to India. Both flights were smooth with great landings and the return flights were also very smooth. The food was not so great so take snacks in case you don't like the food. Knee room is at a premium as in most economy seats but it was especially tight on the larger plane going to China. The planes were very clean and the bathrooms were cleaned regularly on all the flights which was much appreciated.

2  Thank Notreallypleased1
Write a reviewReviews (65,011)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We bought my son a ticket to fly from Bristol, Tennessee to Wichita, Kansas. There was a layover in Dallas. As we were leaving to pick him up in Wichita flight was supposed to arrive at 2:00 pm) we got a text that the flight had been cancelled but he had been booked on to a flight the NEXT DAY. As he was only supposed to be there for two days to begin with, this was not going to work. We called American and they said three flights to Wichita had been cancelled with no explanation why. They switched his flight to one landing in Oklahoma City, a 2 1/2 hour drive instead of 45 minutes for us. We then got a text saying the flight from Oklahoma City had been delayed and then as he was sitting on the plane waiting to depart he sent another text saying that the pilot had timed out and they had to wait for another pilot to get there. How does that even happen?! Fast forward to his flight leaving Wichita to return to Bristol. The flight was delayed and he was not going to be able to make his connecting flight. We got him switched to an earlier flight (still way later than his original flight was supposed to be) and he boarded the plane. What happens? The flight is delayed by 30 minutes. When he lands Inn dallas to make his connecting flight, he has to sprint to be able to make it. He was the last passenger able to board as they are shuttting the doors. Then as they are finally on the tarmac, there is another delay due to mechanical issues. How can that many flights be cancelled and late?! Fly any airline but this one!!!

4  Thank SandyN242
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent route with minimal wasted time. Nice to go thru Miami to get you in the beach mode...all flights on time and smooth.

Date of travel: June 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am mobility impaired and use my own electric scooter. When I booked online it asked if I had any mobility issues, so I checked yes, then it asked what type, and I checked I had my own scooter. This did not relay to the airport, so at each stop I had someone waiting for me with a wheelchair. There was confusion about who was supposed to tag my scooter, the check-in counter or the gate. Much confusion.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our trip to San Francisco with a plane change in Dallas/Fort Worth went without a hitch. Everything was perfect and on time. However our return flight home 7days later was a nightmare. The day before we were to leave we began receiving emails from the airline informing us that our flight home had been cancelled. To make a very frustrating, long story short, We were put on no less than 6 different flights that were all cancelled to return on the day we were supposed to. We ended up having to fly home through Charlotte, NC which added 2 more hours flying time.