“Friend reconnections”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The flights were good. Their seat space has ‘shrunk’ over the years. There’s another airline I prefer much better because they still have a bit more space. It’s ridiculous how they charge for luggage and various seating ‘behind’ first/business class.
After boarding to return home, our jet had a flat tire. We all had to get off with all our belongings. I was grateful the tire was changed before we took off/landed. That delayed the trip an hour.

Date of travel: May 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (57,961)

Dear American Airlines,

I am a Frequent Flyer Member of AA.

My husband and I were on a trip from Manchester, New Hampshire back to Buffalo, New York..

flight 4434 from Manchester, To Washington DC on May 21, 2019

and the connecting flight was:

flight 4499 from DCA to Buffalo on May 21, 2019

The flight from Manchester to Washington DC was delayed because the plane had to go from the tarmac back to the gate because the plane didn’t have enough gas.

We arrived in DC late and ran from terminal C to terminal B and arrived at the gate for flight 4499 nine minutes before boarding.

Well, AA had taken us off the flight list of passengers and the flight was full! They booked us on a MUCH LATER FLIGHT. I spoke to the attendant at the gate who informed me that this is a practice of your airline that happens from time to time and even she shook her head in disgust. This practice is totally unfair especially since the airline could have checked to see if it was possible for us to make the flight. The attendant advised me to send a complaint via your website. I did not see a link on your site to use to send a complaint.

So I called AA to find out how to send this complaint. The robot that answered asked me to go to a website and click on compliments or complaints. Well I went to that page only to find out that there is no such link… ( after looking for the link, I searched for the word complaint, or compliment electronically on the page and the search came up empty). So I hope that this message will somehow reach the complaint department .. that is if there is one.

I would appreciate hearing from you about this unfair practice.

I am Elizabeth Wallace

2  Thank BetsySikes
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great flight. Nice plane. Great flight crew. Premium economy is a nice bump from Econ without paying outrageous prices. Layover in NY. On time. Bose headphones for premium Econ class and above.

Date of travel: February 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Absolutely from start to finish the worst flying experience I have EVER had. we boarded our plane at 6:20 am, they had to bring it back to the gate TWICE to “fix” something, decided on the third attempt of taking off that they couldn’t fix it and told us to deplane at 9:30 am. we got off the plane and had to entirely rebook our trip. we ended up finally leaving from Tulsa at about 12 that day, had to fly to Dallas, then Miami, and when we got to miami they tried to be difficult about giving us a hotel for the evening because it was “weather related” delays even though I had bought the trip insurance and it definitely wasn’t weather every single announcement and flight attendant said ‘mechanical’. the airport staff were extremely apathetic and really didn’t seem to care that we were losing an entire day of our trip. Then when we arrived in Belize, they realized they had lost one of our bags in miami, after we had expressly described each piece of our luggage in detail and they promised they would get all of our bags retagged and to our destination several times. This has been the worst flying experience i’ve ever dealt with and i have been flying for my entire life. i have never had an experience so difficult and frustrating with another airline. I will NEVER fly american again and if someone so much as mentions american I will be letting them know it is the absolute worst airline to fly. Just fly Delta or United.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

To leave N.O. @ 4:30p.m., after 4 delays left @ 8:40. In DLS/FW bout 10 people rushed to gate for connecting flight (last tp PHX that night) & they were closing to doors to loading ramp. Basically said to bad door is closed & even tho, you were delayed over 3hrs in N.O. can't delay this flight so you can board. Sent to AA cust service which had approx 400 people in line.In that line about 1 hr. Were told because the delays were maint. issues they would cover ground transport, room, & meal vouchers. Next flight to Phx was @ 8:30 am but 1 would fly direct & other 2 would route to Alb.,N.M. & transfer there. We said no & booked 4:30 pm. Were in line 1&1/2 hrs & hotel. Hotel advise AA had reserved 100 rms & wanted more they couldn't do.Got into a rm about 1;30 am. The $12 ea. food voucher did cover decent meals & the rm. @ Sheridan was very comfortable. Sent this same review to AA & they never even responded to me.

1  Thank mommt1433