“Comfortable flight and good costumer service”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed May 21, 2019

The flight was comfortable and smooth. Light snacks were provided. The prices of the tickets for the service provided was good. Staff was nice and did their best to accommodate us in the next flight after we accidentally missed ours. Traveled with my 6 year old and all was good and smooth.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (60,731)

Reviewed May 21, 2019 via mobile

We were booked on the 6pm return flight from DC to New York. At 3:30, we tried to get on the same flight at 4pm after a mad dash to the new terminal. Trying to get home for a family event. The 4pm has 30 empty seats. The unbelievably rude gate agent at gate 33 refused to honor our ticket. So American Airlines loses a customer and a ticket they could have resold. We return to our original terminal only to find the gate had been changed to the terminal we just left. Thank you twice gate agent. We enjoyed the extra two hours in the airport and two tours of the airport on the shuttle bus. Never again!

1  Thank Katymill2014
Reviewed May 21, 2019

Those who know me know that I try to see the best in everything. I tend to give higher marks than other people for hotels, restaurants, and attractions. But our attempt to fly to and from Baton Rouge to see our son's graduation at LSU turned into a most unpleasant adventure. We encountered delays leaving Portland because the pilots were 90 minutes late arriving. They had been told to arrive late because planes were being delayed into DFW. But no one told the flight attendants or passengers until we had already boarded the plane and sat waiting for the pilots to arrive. Then, when the pilots arrived, we taxied a few hundred yards from the terminal and stopped, just to be told that we were delayed again for weather reasons. But, of course, since we were sitting on the plane near a runway, no one could leave to make other flight plans.

We encountered worse problems on the return flight which, instead of one day, required three days of delays of cancellations, the last caused by equipment malfunction. Although we were given hotel and meal vouchers in DFW, I was glad I checked Trip Advisor for reviews of the hotel. It was given the the worst reviews of any hotel I have ever read about. In other words, American chooses to "comp" passengers into a very bad, and possibly dangerous, experience. (I'd rather not mention the name of the hotel here.)

The worst sin was the lack of communication with passengers (and apparently also with flight personnel.)

Suffice it to say that we resolved to avoid American Airlines whenever possible in the future.

1  Thank 764PhilipW
Reviewed May 21, 2019

I took a flight (round trip) from Dallas to Joplin, you get a puddle jumper plane which surprisingly has better seating than the A321. The only problem is that there is not much headroom, specially standing up from your seat. 6 footers beware or you'll end up bumping your head. I did and I am not a 6 footer.

One issue to keep in mind is that the plane got delayed (is that usual?) and several of the passengers on-board had to rush to their connectin flights.

I had less than 40 minutes to go to another terminal for my next connecting flight, I rushed to get on-board but then the connecting flight got delayed to wait for other delayed passengers. It would have been nice for AA to let us know about it via text, app, etc. so we don't have to rush.

Reviewed May 21, 2019

I haven't flown American in a long time. I had to attend a family funeral services and purchasing a ticket with no lead time was very, very expensive.

On top of that, you either pay to get "better" seating or get stuck in the middle seat.
The flight was not very comfortable, I think AA is squeezing the seats to get more on board.

Entertainment system was poor and hard to navigate.