“Puddle Jumper with headroom issues”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I took a flight (round trip) from Dallas to Joplin, you get a puddle jumper plane which surprisingly has better seating than the A321. The only problem is that there is not much headroom, specially standing up from your seat. 6 footers beware or you'll end up bumping your head. I did and I am not a 6 footer.

One issue to keep in mind is that the plane got delayed (is that usual?) and several of the passengers on-board had to rush to their connectin flights.

I had less than 40 minutes to go to another terminal for my next connecting flight, I rushed to get on-board but then the connecting flight got delayed to wait for other delayed passengers. It would have been nice for AA to let us know about it via text, app, etc. so we don't have to rush.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (58,191)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I haven't flown American in a long time. I had to attend a family funeral services and purchasing a ticket with no lead time was very, very expensive.

On top of that, you either pay to get "better" seating or get stuck in the middle seat.
The flight was not very comfortable, I think AA is squeezing the seats to get more on board.

Entertainment system was poor and hard to navigate.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

American Airlines Is one of the worst airlines I have ever been on. Every airline I have ever been on has always tried to make your flight as comfortable as possible. However American airlines failed this. May 8th I was supposed to fly from Orlando to Dallas. The flight was scheduled from 6: am. However, the flight staff waited till we boarded the plane and were on the plane for 20 mins to tell us that due to "weather" they would be delaying our flight for three hours! that three hours turned to 5 and when we tried to rebook our flight for a direct one to Canda as that was our prime destination and we were taking a connecting one to Dallas in thats American airline's hub. The lady redirecting and helping people was very rude and refused to connect us saying everything was filled and the open seats we could see on our app were reserved for "other" people. They could only find a flight that left the next day. This really hurt as all we wanted was to go to Canda. So the bottom line is if you want to be treated like trash then you should go and fly with American Airlines. They have to rudest service ever! I have flown with Southwest for the majority of my time and I will fly again with them because of how kind and how reliable to the service is. The reason I gave them two stars I felt like no one would read this If I gave them anything lower. save travels and I hope you enjoy your flight whoever you go on.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently had a flight on American. I was departing San Jose and in driving to the airport, the traffic got crazy bad (I was driving a couple of hours to get there). Long story short, I arrived at the airport an hour later than I had planned. Th first woman I spoke to with American was great and got me rebooked on a later flight and took my bag. All good there.

The exceptional part of this story comes after I returned my rental car and got into the terminal. I went to my original gate and when the gate agents saw me they asked if I was on the flight. I told them what happened and that I had a checked bag. From there, they went way above and beyond - they said nonsense. We can get you on this flight! They called down below and found my bag, got it rechecked for that flight and put me on the plane, thus keeping my original schedule.

I cannot say how much this act of kindness meant to me. Really great service!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As aways we had a great flight. American Airlines has great prices and excellent flights. All of are connections were right on time.

Date of travel: March 2019