“*MUST READ IF YOUR GOING ON AMERICAN AIRLINES*”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed May 21, 2019

American Airlines Is one of the worst airlines I have ever been on. Every airline I have ever been on has always tried to make your flight as comfortable as possible. However American airlines failed this. May 8th I was supposed to fly from Orlando to Dallas. The flight was scheduled from 6: am. However, the flight staff waited till we boarded the plane and were on the plane for 20 mins to tell us that due to "weather" they would be delaying our flight for three hours! that three hours turned to 5 and when we tried to rebook our flight for a direct one to Canda as that was our prime destination and we were taking a connecting one to Dallas in thats American airline's hub. The lady redirecting and helping people was very rude and refused to connect us saying everything was filled and the open seats we could see on our app were reserved for "other" people. They could only find a flight that left the next day. This really hurt as all we wanted was to go to Canda. So the bottom line is if you want to be treated like trash then you should go and fly with American Airlines. They have to rudest service ever! I have flown with Southwest for the majority of my time and I will fly again with them because of how kind and how reliable to the service is. The reason I gave them two stars I felt like no one would read this If I gave them anything lower. save travels and I hope you enjoy your flight whoever you go on.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (60,447)

Reviewed May 21, 2019

I recently had a flight on American. I was departing San Jose and in driving to the airport, the traffic got crazy bad (I was driving a couple of hours to get there). Long story short, I arrived at the airport an hour later than I had planned. Th first woman I spoke to with American was great and got me rebooked on a later flight and took my bag. All good there.

The exceptional part of this story comes after I returned my rental car and got into the terminal. I went to my original gate and when the gate agents saw me they asked if I was on the flight. I told them what happened and that I had a checked bag. From there, they went way above and beyond - they said nonsense. We can get you on this flight! They called down below and found my bag, got it rechecked for that flight and put me on the plane, thus keeping my original schedule.

I cannot say how much this act of kindness meant to me. Really great service!

Reviewed May 21, 2019

As aways we had a great flight. American Airlines has great prices and excellent flights. All of are connections were right on time.

Date of travel: March 2019
Reviewed May 21, 2019

Great flight leg room is adequate. Travel with backpack because most roller bags will not fit in the overhead. American emailed us that there is a storm scheduled for DFW and it would be best to travel a day earlier or later. They were right and we were able to change and come to Dallas a day earlier. And they were right, it was a major big storm,

Reviewed May 21, 2019

Our seat was "miss-aligned". Row 21. It meant that our seat had LESS space than the one across the aisle. So much less that when the person in front reclined I was hit in the head. I could not put the tray table down. I am 5'-8" 180#. Not BIG. With my back full against the seat I had 4" from my nose to the seat back in front. This is just NOT safe, and NOT acceptable. I WORK on flights, and was lucky enough to be able to move to the back row and have it to myself.
Flight has NO TVs but relies on you to use your phone. NOT a bad deal IF they had power in the seats.
Crew was very good. Appreciated a drink and snack.
On Line check-in was STUPID. I checked-in exactly 24 hours ahead of time. I was given TWO aisle seats across from each other. Two windows went to strangers. Seems AA wants to PUNSH you for not purchasing seats. This has happened in the past too.
We have the AA charge card for luggage, AND AA has ORD as a hub, so really WANT to use them. But this crap of seat assignments, and seats that are inhuman has got to be corrected or I will pick frontier instead.