“Fast, smooth flight to Barcelona. Sat in coach.”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed May 19, 2019

We flew from Philadelphia to Barcelona on American Airlines. The flight was fast and smooth. We were seated in extra legroom seats in coach. The service was fine. I'm assuming we got the same level of service as everyone else on the plane. It looked like there was enough space for everyone's carry on luggage. No complaints.

Although this has nothing to do with American Airlines, Barcelona's airport has its own story. The line for immigration was incredibly long. I'm guessing there were at least a couple of hundred people in line. As we approached 9:00 AM, only about four of the twenty counters were open. This could be done a lot better. There's a train from the airport into the city. We followed signs, but couldn't find it. It was easy to find the airport bus into the city. Itbran about six euro. It was very comfortable.

Date of travel: April 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (58,203)

Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

American started a direct flight from philly to sxm after Irma It was on time, great service by the flight staff and no connections through Miami. Thank for restoring the service

Reviewed May 19, 2019

My flight was cancelled and rebooked to Dallas, only American airlines seemed to cancel flights due to the weather there every other airline just had delays. I was rebooked to a flight a day later no explanation. I understand that airlines need to change stuff around however I have spent the better half of a day now trying to find out why and no one will answer.

Spent 5 hours on hold yesterday waiting for someone to pickup and just tell me why our flight denver was cancelled and the now direct flight to my destination I am not on. Their customer service definitely has a reason they are on of the worst ranked airlines. Made the mistake once, will never fly AA again ever.

Reviewed May 19, 2019

Initial flight cancelled. 2 hour delay on the rebooked flight. 2 hour delay on the layover flight just to be told it was cancelled. No communication. Wasted a day and a half of my week vacation just trying to get to my destination.

Reviewed May 18, 2019

Plane broke down in Montrose and had to wait overnight for a part. Set us back 26 hours, no help, no vouchers, missed flight to Dallas, missed onward flight t Santiago. Next day to Santiago, missed connection flight to Easter Island (two nights of holiday now missing). Missed our business class seats to be squeezed onto standby up the back. Luggage went missing in Santiago, found hotel near airport with only our carry on. No one anywhere to help. Other airline staff extremely helpful, arrived at airport at 7.00am next day to search for luggage and wait for stand by. No AA staff anywhere. Wrote to AA to confirm mechanical break down three weeks ago so I can claim travel insurance, not a peep out of them, still. (Qantas replied the next day). Unable to follow up because complaint relayed via AA website, so no tracking of where it went. We fly to the States a lot, at least the cabin staff, (well one of them) had their hair tied back so no sweeping of hair over drinks and food. Standard of flight attendants throughout US very poor, messy dressing and unkempt hair. Standard of web site and contacts very poor for an international airline - no where for help from other countries. So insular, so unfriendly

Date of travel: March 2019