“on time and effortless”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight was much earlier than I usually take but all was smooth. Had a short connection in Charlotte and made it easily. everything was smooth and efficient. On return trip I was to get in at midnight, but counter person was able to change flight and I got in at 5pm. No charge for change it was freat!

• Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (56,654)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We flew from Philadelphia to St. Thomas and then a return flight. Both flights were on time and well serviced. On our return flight we escorted two rescue puppies. The airline was fantastic at accommodating our needs.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I booked our flights 8 months in advance and changed the type of aircraft which changed our seats so we were no longer sitting together and AA would not change our seats. The agent was terribly rude. There were seats available on the plan.

1  Thank Travel562422
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Started with being unable to check in on the night before the flight. Contacted AA, they had no explanation.. Next stop was having to check in at the airline desk, again no explanation. Instead of being given my Pre TSA clearance, was assigned to full security check. My husband was allowed to check in on line, and had no Pre TSA issues. Then, had my carry on bag which was smaller than my husbands taken at the gate. I was not given the chance to remove personal items such as medication, luckily had a small supply in my purse. I think that it was a very sexist thing. Many other passengers had bigger bags, but they were male. The leg room was acceptable. The overhead bin above my seat was taken by a flight attendant, so my backpack and computer were not available to me for much of the flight. We had bulkhead seats so they could not be stored in the seat in front of me. The flight attendant was rude, telling me that my elbow was sticking out in the aisle. If you have ever sat in the bulk head seat you will know that your seat kind of sticks out anyway. It was fine, for him to tell me, but could have been way nicer about it. I have noticed with AA that their attendants seem to get ruder and ruder. As a passenger, you have no rights. A complaint sent to AA was not answered. That tells you where you stand as a passenger. Will be accruing my miles on another airline from now on.

Date of travel: March 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After getting to Dallas/Fort Worth (American's hub), flight was cancelled. Waited in line 4 hours to talk to a Customer Service Person (Phone wait was 3 1/2 hours). They rebooked me on a 10 hour flight the next day - going to Reagan National in Wash. DC and then home to Grand Rapids, Mich. Instead, I worked with Customer Service to get me to Indianapolis that night so that I could rent a car and drive home. Landed in Indy at 10:00 PM, got car and drove 4 hours home. Got home around 3:30 AM. I requested reimbursement from American for just my rental car cost and the Customer Relations agent - Steven - said that since I accepted the flight to Indy, I get nothing. A few problems with this: considering their hub is in DFW, they should have had "all hands on deck" so that a customer didn't have to wait for 4 hours to get served, they should have kept customers updated with real time information to decrease anxiety and escalation of customers (Multiple flights were cancelled this day. I travel quite a bit - Delta and United have always taken care of me when I have been severely inconvenienced - even if it is weather related. I will never fly American again and would encourage you not to fly them either. Just take a look at the news - substandard operations - issues with flights, pilots, plane and flight attendants. Done.

2  Thank fentonmara