“Flying can be a chore”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It's a long trip, of course. The plane was a large one, with small seats. Good thing we are not very big because that would have caused a most uncomfortable flight. Flight attendants were not knowledgeable about the movie/tv screens. They were not working properly but they really weren't helpful. I realize they have a lot to do, but it's many hours on their flight and the movies do help pass the time. Coming back, the lady next to me did not have access to one at all. She was NOT happy. The male flight attendant on the trip over was less than helpful also, He was not pleasant, and by that I mean, perhaps he was over tired or whatever, but not even a slight smile or any type of pleasantry. I don't expect a song and dance, but come on. Be a bit friendly. He passed by with pretzels, gave one of us a pack and left the other people sitting next to me with nothing. We don't need the pretzels, but not the point. We were laughing about it when we got to our destination . I don't even eat pretzels. Coming back was uneventful. Nothing was terrible, and I cannot say I would not fly AA again, but perhaps a little more focus on being pleasant might help. And, don't fly them in economy if you are a larger person.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (56,798)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Departed on time, arrived a little ahead of schedule. Fairly smooth flight. No issues. Free snack and non-alcoholic drink served in-flight.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This airline cannot hold a candle to some other airlines around the world such as Qantas, Qatar and Emirates. Can they not start by livening up their uniforms from a drab grey after all these years? Their corporate image is dated. Their aeroplanes look like they have done some hard service too.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were flying from Miami to Phoenix with a connecting flight in Tampa. We had a four hour layover and were at the gate early. The people at the desk announced there are no pilots to fly the plane and were going back and forth trying to figure out if pilots will be found. The flight was cancelled and they started issuing vouchers for accommodations, but their "link was broken" and they had to hand write the vouchers. After a couple of hours of standing in line, the line hasn't yet moved. I was going to the desk and asking for information. After some time, it was announced over the speaker that since their machine for hotel vouchers is broken if we find a hotel on our own, American Airlines will reimburse us up to $150. Considering we have been waiting for hours, we decided to take that option. The next flight to Phoenix was the next night, so we had to spend a full day in Tampa. We had to take extra vacation days from work, pay a babysitter additionally and on top of that my husband's birthday was the day we were stuck in Tampa. Not ideal situation, but we understand things happen. However, what pissed me off is that when I tried to contact them for a reimbursement, I was told the flight was cancelled due to weather and they cannot help me. I explained the situation but they kept telling me the same thing and were not willing to help or escalate my problem. They claimed we were misinformed (by their own employees). I asked who should we trust if not the people at the desk, when situations like this occur?! I am beyond disappointed and will avoid flying with AA like the plague. Lying to your customers and screwing them over is not a good business practice!

2  Thank Mihaela P
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’m a former AA employee and thus a loyal flyer. I’ll always book American even when flight times are inconvenient.

That said, the A319 aircraft has the absolute most uncomfortable seats of any plane I’ve flown on. All airlines are shrinking leg room and pitch, but I’m unclear on how airlines benefit from providing negative lumbar supports and rock hard seats. I’m a very fit 39 year old and while I’ve had mild back issues I generally am comfortable sitting for periods of several hours.

This flight, with about 1 hr 45 min in the air, was almost unbearable and I’ll avoid booking this aircraft for flights over 45 minutes at all costs.