“Every time I travel there are more cuts in service”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I have credit cards with sky miles for American. It’s our preferred airline. However, every year it seems they cut back more services. No food, no free checked bags, and now the seats have gotten even tighter in economy. My husband and I are not big people but the seats were tight and it was hard not to rub elbows. Luckily on our flight down there was nobody in the third seat. On the way home there was. It was tight.
Besides no free food there wasn’t even a choice between cookies or pretzels. Only cookies. Sorry

Date of travel: March 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (55,292)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

on time, no wait in Bradley, long connection, had to switch terminals and to do that get on a bus in Philly. No problems. Uneventful-- the best way to fly....

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am a Platinum Pro client who's being fliying with them for the past 18 years and let me tell you that the new American Airlines is spiraling to the bottom of the barrel. Even being an elite flyer means nothing nowadays, and I truly feel like my loyalty and business is not appreciated.

While the inflight experience from Miami to Bogota was not the best in general, the worst happened while boarding on that day while the Miami staff was helping passengers on the boarding process.

The person who was in charge that day made me bring down my personal bag from the up head compartment, just to allow someone else bag who was flying in business class.

Pretty much the employee told me that my bag would have to go bellow my seat, even thought I explained it was to big to fit under my sit, the person told me that it was either that or sending my bag down with the rest of the luggage. I explained him that the bag had very expensive equipment and I couldn't send it down. So after that and in a very aggressive manner the AA employee told me that if I was not willing to cooperate then they would take my down from the plane.

At that point I didn't want to make a big deal because I needed to be in Bogota for a very important business meeting the next day, so I ended up having one of my most uncomfortable flight experiences ever. Please take a look at the picture.

The seat was so hard and the bag was so tight between my legs and the seat that I had a lot of trouble walking after the three hour flight that felt like days. It was a torture. By the way, the inflight entertainment screen aligned to my sit didn't work!

1  Thank ponchodeanda
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We are mostly British Airways and Delta flyers, but we decided to try AA on this trip due to cost and schedule. It was shocking to see how many perks we are used to on Delta, especially, were not present on these flights. Seat and baggage fees added almost $200 to our trip cost! There was no real inflight entertainment, unless you had an iPad or other device of your own. We were fortunate to find overhead space, even though we were in the 5th group boarding. And sadly, we did not feel that the flight attendants, in general, displayed a great deal of care for our comfort. Bottom line is that next time I will pay the small additional charge to upgrade to first on Delta and skip AA altogether.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Checking in is always somewhat of a problem in Montego Bay. American emails you a boarding pass to print out, but when you try to check in, you have to start all over again at a kiosk; however, as this wasn’t our first time, we expected this ridiculousness. Plus, the line to check luggage went fairly smoothly and quickly; that compensated for the “Non-Boarding Pass.”
We pre-order meals to be sure they’re not out of food once we’re aboard. (I still consider this a smart move.) What was not smart, however, was ordering the wrap (chicken? turkey?) with pimento cheese. I opened my bag to find a wrap cut in half with some ugly-looking orange “glop” attached to one end of the pieces. As I’d ordered my meal several weeks before, I had no recollection of what I’d selected. So, I checked the menu in the seat pocket. The ugly orange stuff was supposedly pimento cheese. Being hungry, I took a bite. Being from North Carolina, I know how pimento cheese is supposed to taste. This stuff was plain inedible. Not being a fool, I threw away my sandwich. In a bit of “compensation,” my food bag also contained two chocolate chip cookies; they were absolutely delicious, but they didn’t constitute a full meal.