“Delayed”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flight was on time, got everyone boarded, ready to go, when the pilot decided there was a problem. Everyone had to deboard taking everything with them. 2 hours later we reboarded. This time we took off 2 hours 15 minutes late.
On arrival in St. Louis they let us off at the last gate of concourse C, C28, so they could work on the problem some more.
Made everyone wonder how we even got to St. Louis if the problem was not fixed before we left Dallas.

Date of travel: March 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (55,387)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was set to fly out on Monday with my 26 lb mini English bull terrier dog with all the correct paperwork and crate but a woman at the checking refused me for three hours saying it was a bull dog even with though I had AKC documents showing the facts. I live in Cozumel so I was taking my dog home with me. I ended up staying 3 extra days in Dallas till American agreed to fly us. On Thanksgiving day I flew out. I wrote a long letter to American about the event and extra cost and they reimbursed me for her flight cost and my hotel. I did not give them an excellent rating because of the 3 days of stress I occurred trying to convince them my dog was a mini English bull terrier and not a bull dog.

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was so small. My knees were hitting the seat in front of me. The crabby workers at the airport made me "check" my carry-on because they said that there was no room on the plane. I get on the plane and saw plenty of spaces my bag could have fit. So now I had to wait at baggage claim for no reason. This was whole reason why I brought a carry on. I would never fly American again!!

Date of travel: February 2019
1  Thank irishgal8951
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A completely untrustworthy airline. With 0 customer service
Do not use if you could take another one
Partner horizon alaska also horrible experience!!!

Date of travel: September 2018
1  Thank Donald T
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am very disappointed in the way that American handles the process of checking in online, then making you redo the entire check-in process once at the airport, if you need to check a bag, at least that is how it was at the DFW airport. All we needed to do was check the bag and go, like we did at CVG on the way down, but no, at DFW you have to go to the Kiosk and do the entire process all over again, just to check a bag, which also means you have to stand in the entire line of people that have not yet checked in and wait on them. What a waste of time. I was also upset that when we were boarding the plane, since we were Zone 9, the last zone to board, they they announced, half way through the boarding process, approx. Zone 4, that the entire planes overhead storage was full, therefore everyone else on the plane had to check their carry-on bags in lieu of being able to carry them on. If this was truly the case, I guess I wouldn't have cared, but since this was a flat out lie and when we boarded the plane, at least 30% of the space was still open, that really upset me then. Flat out frustrating.

Date of travel: March 2019