“Great flight, excellent service”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed March 19, 2019

We were told that there would be turbulence and we should expect a rougher ride tan normal, but the flight crew did an excellent job of managing around anything, because the flight was actually quite smooth and enjoyable. The plane was an Airbus A321 and had individual entertainment systems in each seat, with great movie selections, and the flight attendants were great, quick service, very attentive and professional/polite. Although most AA flights are great, I can't say they all are, but this one was great; made us happy and started our vacation in Las Vegas off on a good note.

Date of travel: February 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (65,896)

Reviewed March 19, 2019

The plane never departed. After waiting 5 hours, they cancelled. Because of this, we missed the first 3 days of an 8 day Viking Ocean Cruise. That's almost $3000 lost. They only offered compensation of a $175 voucher for each of us. I told them to Keep It. Viking re-booked us (same Airline). That was an OK trip, but quite difficult catching up with the Cruise.

Date of travel: February 2019
1  Thank James L
Reviewed March 19, 2019

My flight from San Francisco to Miami was delayed for a couple hours due to technical problems and as a consequence it arrivied in Miami just 40 minutes before my connection to Rio. I ran like crazy and was able to reach the gate but the door had just been closed. As there were quite a few other passengers on this situation and the plane was still there under maintenance, they allowed us in. My wife and I had our boarding passes given to us in San Francisco with seats on business class I had reserved close to 3 months ago, but the attendant said our seats were taken and we SHOULD FLY ECONOMY!!!!! We were of course stressed and complained severely but the attendant was extremely rude saying that we were late as if we were responsible for the delay not American Airlines!! After more complaints another attendant was able to find one business class seat for my wife but I had to fly economy. Then she said that our luggage would not make it to Rio but the other attendant said he had called and luggage was going to go normally. I then said that I would only go if the luggage would come as well because I needed it for personal reasons (my blood pressure and reflux medicine was in it). Of course luggage did not come and was only delivered to me the day after. I cannot understand how they did it, if they knew we would make the gate on time why did they upgrade other customers to my seats??? (Note: the plane ended up taking off abou na hour after I reached the gate because they were waiting for a part they had to take to Rio, i.e., they had plenty of time to wait for us!). And as if it was not enough they treated me as if I were responsbile for their delay. And I paid a very high value for buniness class seats because of bad back condition. I have flown American many times, have over 600,000 miles flown with them over the years and even though service is not their main strength this time they went way beyond any reasonable limit. I will never fly them again if I can and I recommend anyone to consider other options whenever possible. Finally I opened a claim on their site, and 2 days later they reimbursed me a around 15% fo the total value of my ticket, which I found ridiculous but I will close this case and as I said probably will not fly them again.

2  Thank Jhmoraes
Reviewed March 19, 2019

For a change the flights were uneventful, Hartford to Philadephia, then to Phoenix, planes were not even jam packed for a change.

Reviewed March 19, 2019

In El Paso, although there were no customers at the agents’ counter or in the que, some idiot rudely ordered me away from the counter and had me go wait in the empty line before approaching the agents doing nothing.
Then a flight delay was announced as being mechanical, telling us we’d be put up in hotels in Dallas.
In Dallas, at the rebooking counter, I handed my original ticket to DCA to the agent. She looked at it, and needed three tries to get the arrival city correct, giving me attitude when I refused the flights to the wrong cities.
Then we were told that because the weather became bad during the mechanical delay, American Airlines was reversing their decision to provide hotels.
We spent the night trying to sleep in the airport.

2  Thank Cariocatom