“Why stick us all in the middle seats?”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed December 15, 2018

Loving the new checkin procedure with the machine that reads your passport and allocates your flight and seat - EXCEPT it only seems to allocate a middle seat and it costs to buy and aisle or window while most seats are crossed off. Then you board an almost empty plane. Don't pay for checked luggage either as they offer the option of free luggage at the gate. Flight and service was fine but BYO entertainment screen etc.

1  Thank DESmond_is
Write a ReviewReviews (51,312)

Reviewed December 15, 2018 via mobile

Over 3 days I flew 4 different flights with American Airlines, and this was the only comfortable one. But boy was it comfortable! It was a brand new 700 series jet, it had charging stations at every seat, special seatback configurations for tray tables and cell phone/tablet holders for viewing your favourite movies/tv shows.

The fligjt attendants couldn't have done any more to be accommodating. After the flight I learned we had a flight captain who was a veteran with incredible skills learned during conflicts overseas. Bringing the jet into Chicago, in zero visability he broight the jet down so carefully it just kissed the runway - no bumps or jolts at all.

However, on my other flights I actually became bruised from how tight the seat dimensions are on the Embraer jets. And I am not that large!

Reviewed December 15, 2018

American and Delta are the only airlines who will fly to Jacksonville North Carolina. As I am extremely worried about missing my flight by taking Delta and flying to Atlanta (the world's busiest airport) I always fly American into Charlotte and then from Charlotte to Jacksonville. I have never had a bad flight with this airline. Their service is top notch and the flight attendants and captains are amazing. I highly recommend American Airlines.

Date of travel: July 2018
Reviewed December 15, 2018 via mobile

I travel a lot with my company and I now cringe when I get stuck on an American Air flight. I has an issue last week where my flight was oversold and I literally got moved to the next day! They told me it was because of the snow storm closed the Charlotte airport which I understood. Due to my schedule I called Delta and was able to book a flight to New Bern. I get to my gate and the gate across from me was the original flight to Charlotte on American Air that I was scheduled on!!! It wasn’t canceled, nor was Charlotte shut down. They were making announcements that the flight was oversold and offering $720 to bump. They just bald faced lied to me.

I reached out on Twitter to their customer service department and asked for someone to call me. They informed me that they would not be calling that I was basically out of luck. Unless my company makes me I will never fly American again.

Reviewed December 15, 2018

Had issues with this airline in the past and it seems nothing changes. I decided to give AA another shot back in August when I took my daughter to NYC from Ohio. The return trip was filled with delays followed by cancelations. I get it, there is nothing anyone can do when it comes to predicted weather. However, the way they treated customers in LaGuardia was absolutely terrible. I would say over 100+ customers (including myself) were standing in line trying to figure out our options when the AA rep just pointed to the next person in line and said that he would be the last one she was going to assist than just shut down the line and left. Everyone in line was jaw-dropped in disbelief.

Sometime later another line opened and everyone that was waiting lost their place and had to wait in that new line. I stood in three separate lines for over an hour and a half to get assistance. They finally put me on a late night flight to DC then said that I would need to be back at the airport for an early a.m. flight back to Columbus. Okay, fine. I purchased a hotel in DC for the night and acquired transportation to and from the airport. I arrive in DC at 11:30 pm and try to get our bags so my daughter can get her contact case and some clothes. Again, waited in a line forever for a rep (who could not careless) say that our bags were going to be placed on the Columbus flight and if I wanted them now I would need to put in a request that could take two hours.

Forget it. At this point, I was more than irritated with the way AA treated their customers and just wanted to get the hotel and get a least a few hours of rest. The next morning was more of the same. I said to myself that I would never fly AA again.

Of course, after having several weeks to cool off, plus still having a significant amount of unused AA points I wrote off the last experience as a fluke. I scheduled a flight to the Dominican Republic for a birthday getaway. I was a little nervous, given the last experience. From the time of arriving at the airport, it was more of the same. Baggage fees for AA Advantage Card members??? I thought that the first checked bag was a perk of the card? Wrong. Not for flights to the Caribbean.

Poor attitude of a flight attendant on the way there and probably would have been the same on the way back had the flight not - you guessed it - been canceled on the return date. The cancelation was due to weather in a layover city, not the destination. Played the same game and the soonest flight back was three days later. Finally said, forget it. I canceled the flight altogether, booked a one-way return flight on United. I came home and cashed all my flight points in for gift cards and cut up the credit card. Never again!

1  Thank gregcolarich