“Great price, sad customer communication. ”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

My flight out of Montgomery was delayed 2 hours, and I know general that's just flying and not in the airline control. However, we were told it was due to fog. When we landed in CLT I had 8 mins to catch a connecting flight. It would have been super if they had told me I wasn't going to make that flight and to just go have seat and wait on an update. Instead they said RUN. So I did, 1 mile. Of course, I had missed the flight. When I inquired about the fog delay they said would be holding up my connection flight I was told they hadn't had fog. So someone lied and it caused me to run flat out 1 mile across CLT and be stressed for no reason. I got to DC 4 hours late. On the return flight hurricane Michael was bearing down on the gulf and I was trying to get back before delays started. I was told there were no sooner flight and I would basically just have to cross my fingers. They also decided at the gate that my carry on was actually too big and needed to be checked, for $25.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (52,314)

Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

Normally the heart sinks when there’s no other choice but booking on a US airline.
Even in Business class I find their lounges and service make it worth finding another route if possible.

Walking up to check in and having to attract the attention of staff away from their conversations with barely a greeting and no information about the airport, flight or lounge access I feared the worst.

But I was pleasantly surprised from there. The Flagship Lounge at MIA airport (near gate D30) is quite new and well equipped. It has a good bar, range of food and plenty of comfortable seating. There are also showers which are spacious, clean and have every you need. These can be requested from the front desk on arrival.

The plane was a 777 and the Business area is well laid out. The lie flat bed is plenty long enough - I’m 6’3” so that can be a problem. It’s a little narrow but otherwise OK. It could do with a mattress or cover though to smooth over the bumps and joins in the seat.

Food is OK - they’ve certainly made an effort but it’s a bit uneven. A shrimp salad had a very spicy and overwhelming remoulade, and the buttermilk biscuit at breakfast was quite claggy and sticky.

All in all though I have a much more favourable impression and would fly with them again.

Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

Where to start? When making our reservation, I input my frequent flyer number. It rejected it. This is a number I used all year. Now, it’s rejected. Found an older number, it took it. Upon arriving at the Philly airport, we checked our luggage and asked about the FF#. The number was miraculously found. Good. Then we asked if we could use the Lounge, since we were continuing on to HKG, and it was one itinerary. Downstairs we were told yes, we went up to the lounge and were told, no we could not. Reason? Our connection to Hong Kong was after midnight. REALLY? That is so ridiculous it’s not funny. We have first and business class seats from Philly to Hong Kong but can’t use the lounge. Not the end of the world, but so short-sighted and typical American Airlines stuff.

When our son took the exact trip the day before from New York, he went in the same model plane, but a much new and improved version. He had a pod, every comfort, a tv, fully reclining seat, etc. Our plane, usual First Class seats, except, no tv, etc, not even a small pillow, and though I checked ahead to see if there was an a/c outlet and online it said there was, there wasn’t.

Luckily, our flight attendant was great, and though the cheese that we had looked like the best alternative, the cheese was dried out and in the case of the Brie, hard as a rock.

All this after countless calls to American for various issues, from not being able to check in to having to re-input information several times, nothing should surprise us.

(Hoping the trip to Hong Kong is easier.)

Really, they just make it work, and with other choices, like Delta, why bother?

• Value for money
Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

For those travellers wishing to book flights to Hawaii. Found this transfer flight online through sky scanner which allowed me to travel straight through to Hawaii. Originally I booked through BA however once booked I found out that th flight was controlled by American airlines. I then found out that my luggage was not included in the price paid. I therefore had to pay for my luggage separately which I was not pleased with. My transfer flight from Las Angelese to Honalulu was included in the price however when I got to Las Angeles I had to pay again for my luggage. I was so annoyed because as far as I was concerned my luggage should have been booked straight through for the same price. So for those of you that may be looking to purchase a trip like this through skyscanner please be aware of the hidden charges because this was not stipulate in the flight detail.

Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

Fly with someone else!!!!!Worst airline in the business. ALWAYS a delay. When they lose your bag it takes forever to get it delivered to your home. Truly the worst airline.