“Smooth”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed February 15, 2018

The flight from Buffalo to Montego Bay and return flight back to Buffalo was very relaxing.The takeoff and landing were very smooth and the attendants did everything to make our flight enjoyable. We were served drinks and snacks and the attendats were very friendly and personable.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (51,352)

Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

I flew with my daughter from London to New York in February. The flight was very pleasant, staff very friendly and polite. Provided services were adequate and sufficient.

Date of travel: February 2018
Reviewed February 15, 2018

This was my first American Airlines Flight. I treated myself to First Class. The flight out to Philly was exceptionally good - terrific food, great drink selection and fantastic staff. I was really looking forward to the return trip but that was almost like a different airline, and certainly NOT "First Class".
Staff were rather sullen and were more pre-occupied with exchanging gossip than looking after us. There was a glass of fizz whilst awaiting take-off. Menus were handed out and we were immediately asked for our choice without being given time. We were also asked for our wine choice. There was no drinks service offered at all, after cruising height had been achieved. A tablecloth appeared, with a glass of wine (not the one I had ordered) Food was then plonked down. No top-ups for the wine were offered, although "Jack" confessed he had brought the wrong wine first time, and brought me the correct choice.
On the menu "Breakfast" was listed but this never appeared or was offered, and there was no coffee, tea or other beverage offered when we awoke from a fitful sleep on the lie-flat beds. The video feed kept conking out throughout the flight.
The only good thing I can say, is that due to a high tailwind, we arrived one hour early. There was then a parking problem with the aircraft, and we stood for some considerable time, whilst the tech guys tried to sort it.
I got off that flight tired, thirsty and hungry.
Doubt I will fly with them again

Date of travel: February 2018
Reviewed February 15, 2018

Love their new inflight safety video. We took off on time or earlier. Planes were decently clean but the food was okay. Leg room is questionable and seats aren't the best. You can't charge anything as there are no plugs like other airlines. At least on our flights. Average flight honestly, nothing to rave about.

Reviewed February 15, 2018

Boarding started on-time with clear directions from both gate staff and flight attendant - like "If you are seated in the rear of the aircraft take your carryon bag with you". Do people listen and follow instructions - nope. The end result is that it took an extra 15 minutes for the boarders without priority to locate space for their one bag for the overhead. Of course a lot of the 'special' people don't pay attention to the 'one personal item under the seat in front of you and one overhead' - I see lots of passengers with three or four bags. Anyway, we got 'buttoned up' and since we weren't part of the 7 a.m. take-off line, actually lifted off at the 'scheduled' time and arrived about 15 to 20 minutes early. The incredible shrinking seats made from stone are still the norm, but the flight attendants were actually helpful and friendly. Overall a good flight with the exception of the 'greedy' passengers.