“Terrible , Flight from lax to indianapolis . no video monitor , no food .”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed November 17, 2017

This flight had a catering issue so there was no food offered and limited beverage service . Also this appeared to be a newer plane however it had no video screens in seat backs or up above for sharing movies . The seats in general on american have no padding on the bottoms even on the new planes . how can you have a flight that cost over 500 dollars and last over 4 hours with no entertainment . how can you have a new fleet of planes with no padding on seats . wouldnt seat comfort be of paramount importance . oh and not to mention that on flights where you have media it tends to go down all the time

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (46,638)

Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

Both my departing and returning flights were oversold, people were asked to get off (for a voucher), seats were not assigned until AFTER boarding began so I sat there for 45 minutes wondering if I even had a seat (this delayed take off both times), and I wound up having to gate check my carry on both times as well - the second flight they deposited our gate checked bags at a different terminal so I had to trek there to get a bag that should have been a carry on to begin with. Not that there would have been room for my bag anyway - there were too many bags too.

During my returning flight there was a woman who had been bumped not once but TWICE that day and was begging people to sell her their seat so she could get home to her children. I understand these things sometimes happen but twice in one day? The staff was entirely ignoring her.

After finally boarding I watched two women get on the plane, find their seats, then realize someone else had also been assigned that seat, and have to get back off the plane. It was miserable.

Once we took off everything seemed fine and went smoothly. But the boarding process was just the worst both times, and this is not the first time I've had an experience like this with American. I felt like the coach customers were absolutely not a priority. From here on out I'll do my best to fly other airlines.

Reviewed November 17, 2017

For anyone booking Group Travel American is the way to go. Several members of my Group needed wheelchair assistance and they were on top of everything! Both airports arrival & Departure. With American you are traveling the Friendly Skies!

Never fly American Airlines again
November 9 2017..Flight 5297 delayed out of AVP was scheduled to leave at 6AM..we got there 4:30 AM...American Airlines decided to cancel flight about 1030am., because they did not have a mechanic available, or on site at the airport… as per American Airlines employee. American Airlines Assured all of us that we would be leaving soon and no reason to change flights…at 10 am they decided that all of us needed to change flights, but all flights were filled…. missed all connecting flights. Bused down to Philadelphia at 11 am….. American Airlines then offered us Philadelphia to Columbus Ohio and then LAX….but missed that flight also because they waited too long to bus us from Wilkes Barre Scranton…. so we missed second set of flights...then we were booked on a flight to Raleigh then to LAX. Also, would not let us book our seats on Raleigh to LAX until we showed up in Raleigh that night, because of that all seats were taken.... Paid for upgraded aisle seats, on first set of flights … never reimbursed. Only seats available were in the back of the plane. Lost my car rental reservation, had to paid $150 more, because we were 12 hours late due to the delayed flight…... Lost one whole day on vacation.... . On return flight from LAX to PHL, we were notified there was no food for lunch due to problems with caterer, so we all were offered peanuts. Five hour flight no food…great job American Airlines..
I called customer service, they offered be a $100 voucher for my troubles. It’s not their policy or their problem ..NEVER FLY AMERICAN AGAIN
Ed Perry

COMFORT
Narrow seats that can kill you - especially if you have chronic backache or other physical conditions. I am and Asian, 170cm, 70kg, and I am wondering how the Americans who are all larger than me survive on this.

CREW
Cabin staffs have completely lost the concept of hospitality. The all seem angry and hating their job. Passengers are a nuisance to their eyes. Thought being an Asian I was treated that way but it was the same the white Americans. By the way, I am a communication psychology scholar so I know what I am talking about.

The captain hardly spoke over the PA although for hours after we left Hong Kong there were scary turbulences one that even threw our drinks away.

It seems everyone in American Airlines hate their job.

The only this that was OK with this airline was food.

STAY AWAY if you can.