“Great Experience”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed September 24, 2017

American airlines is getting better, still room for improvement but had a great experience from the time i got to the airport till i landed, Constantly received updates on my flight due to weather, arrived at the airport check-in was a breeze along with TSA and at the Gate. Flight was landed early and landed early. No issues with baggage. no issues with the crew

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (41,885)

Reviewed September 24, 2017

After being a dedicated American Airlines Customer for 20 years, my son and I had a terrible experience last Friday 9/15. We were flying to Waco to visit colleges (Baylor). During our flight, my son got really sick, and we decided it was best to stop in Dallas and not get back on a flight to Waco. We rented a car and drove. However we learned that the airlines cancel all remaining flights if you miss one connection. So we stopped, talked to a rep, and were told to call the company. After dialing into the AA number, we were told this was a flight change and that we owed $170 per ticket fare change, and may have a $200 per flight penalty for a change. By the time we got through to someone, the connection flight departed. So our decision to take care of our son, be courteous to others on the next flight and try not to get others sick cost us a lot of money. They confirmed that if I did not pay the penalties that my return flight would be cancelled. Doing the right thing cost my family a lot of $$. So disappointed and another example of why the airlines have totally lost their common sense and customer experience focus.

Reviewed September 24, 2017

I can't thank American airlines enough for their wonderful business class service. From Rome we first flew to Dallas and then on to Reno. both flights were perfect without any quirks or non-working parts. The movie choices were great and I my husband and I were very comfortable. They had extra snacks and it was great to be able to choose our meal 30 days in advance. yes, the meal we had was tender and tasty. It was so good, that we are using American again next year! Kudos to American Airlines. Also, I love iced tea and was told to have them make me my own private stash as soon as I get onboard next time!

Reviewed September 24, 2017

Every great once in a while you can fly American Airlines and have an amazing experience! My flight from Tokyo to Chicago was one of them. The flight attendant, I now wish I could recall her name, was an outstanding lady! For 10+ hours she was attentive and an absolute pleasure to fly with!

Reviewed September 24, 2017

The staff was friendly and the plane was in good shape. There was overhead entertainment as well as free streaming to personal devices. There were about 25 movies to chose from most of them a bit older but a fairly good selection. One piece of carry on luggage and a personal item as well as non-alcoholic beverages and pretzels or cookies were included in the fare. First checked bag is $25 a second is $60. There are fees to chose the best seats on the plane but most of the seats after the first several rows are free to choose.