“Travel to diving in Grand Cayman”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely no issues with our trip with American Airlines. Pre-planning is the key to your trip. Parking, online checkin, travel documents, and reviewing airport terminals, planning ahead lessens anxieties. We experienced short waits at check in counter, security, and boarding. The Admirals Club is well worth the cost to relax in during long lay overs. Seating seems to have improved even in the coach seating. We were comfortable during the 3 hour and will happily book future flights with American.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (44,547)

Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

We just experienced Hurricane Irma in the US Virgin Islands, however lost our home. Simultaneously my husband's father was undergoing bypass surgery in California and we are needing to fly out to see him. We had to take a boat to Puerto Rico with our 22 mo old to catch our flight, as we still have no internet/power/water and certainly no functioning airport in St. Thomas. Meanwhile there is the impending threat of Maria closing in on Puerto Rico as a category 5. Staying in a hotel with a toddler on an island we don't live on when I am 6 months pregnant is not something we wished for, and given the circumstances, might be extremely dangerous. We kept getting emails and alerts from American telling us that our booked flight out of PR may get disrupted due to Maria and we didn't want to chance it, so by the grace of god we were able to fly out on a private jet that a friend hooked us up on that happened to have two extra seats. I had called American before we left and spoke with a supervisor who was willing to reinstate our miles due to the extreme circumstances, however we didn't want to give up our seats before we knew 100% we were leaving on the jet, so I chanced it that there would be other humanitarian people who work at American, and told them we'd call back after we landed. Once we landed on the mainland, my husband called American and the person he spoke to wouldn't reinstate our miles without charging us to do so. I called back since I had been speaking to them and explained our story to Carol from Dallas, who was extremely rude and unsympathetic. She kept cutting me off and wouldn't even listen to me. We were also trying to release our tickets to friends to get them off the island, but I couldn't even get that far with her. She was loudly and angrily typing notes into my account, the more I spoke... honestly it was disgusting, she wouldn't even listen for a minute. After coming from a place that has been so incredibly wrecked by Hurricane Irma, and now soon to be Maria, and seeing the love, kindness and humanitarian support flooding in from all over the globe, to speak with someone with such disguising dis-interest in even showing compassion for why we had chosen to not take our flight is very sad. We have been loyal American Airlines customers since I was a child, and my husband and I are gold and platinum some of my family are executive platinum. People talk trash about American, yet I almost always speak very highly of them. Carol, you are hands down the saddest experience I've ever had at American, ever. You were also all but saying I was lying about the first supervisor who said they would reinstate my miles with no charge, since it wasn't documented. And as a supervisor, I'd expect more ability to interact with your customers. I called back again as I still wanted to help our friends get off, and this time I spoke to Mary from Phoenix, an absolute angel. At this point I didn't even try to avoid the fee to get our miles back, I just wanted to see if we could release our tickets to our friends. She listened, she was compassionate and genuinely cared about us, and got help from other agents to release our tickets and get our friends and their cats safely on our original flight. I assure you this was no easy feat yet she did it. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS MARY FOR YOUR COMPASSION AND DEDICATION TO YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS. I honestly I don't think I would have flown American again had you not been so kind. THANK YOU

Reviewed September 18, 2017

I had a very short connecting flight on American Airlines Flight 72 from LAX to Las Vegas. The flight is truly a short haul as flying time is only 45 minutes. American uses a B737 for the route but this plane surprised me on the route as it had video screens at each seat (at least for the business class seats up front) which I have not seen before on short haul American Airlines planes. In fact, the video system was loaded with numerous movies and it is video on demand that you can select, play, fast forward, etc. Having gotten used to having no entertainment on short haul American flights, I was pleasantly surprised by this new addition.

As the flight was so short, even in business class it was just a drinks service but accompanied by the flight attendant offering a basket filled with bags of chips, cookies etc. that one can snack from.

My only complaint from the flight is that my priority tagged luggage took a very long time to be delivered to the luggage carousel in Las Vegas. In fact, the luggage seemed to come out in spurts with no correlation to being priority tagged or not. It also did not help that the Vegas airport kept announcing the luggage from American Airlines Flight 72 being dispensed on carousel 13 and then announcing the luggage was being dispensed on carousel 15 and it kept making both of these conflicting announcements one after another in a cycle throughout the considerable time I waited for my luggage trying to keep an eye on both carousels at once.

All in all though, AA72 exceeded my expectations for business class on a short haul US domestic flight. It's nice to be surprised on the positive side with airlines every now and then!

Reviewed September 18, 2017

9/18/17 Flight The three plus hour flight from Phoenix to Charlotte was very uncomfortable as the cabin temperature was quite warm and the air circulation was VERY minimal, even from the personal air vents. It didn't get better until 20 minutes before landing,

Reviewed September 18, 2017

Really smooth travel. No complications except for boarding. For some reason, their boarding system is a mystery. They offered free movies and headsets. This was better than other airlines who charge for both.