“Fly to New York”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed August 19, 2017

The flight was ontime and good but... the seats of the plane were old... :-(
There was not the personal enterteinment system and no charger for phones.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (41,689)

Reviewed August 19, 2017

I try to fly American whenever I can. I love being an AAdvantage member and love racking up my miles with the AAdvantage credit card as well. The seats are always comfortable and the flight attendants are kind (for the most part, but I don't blame them for being grouchy at times, aren't we all?). A few years ago I redeemed my miles to fly to from Chicago to Sweden, thanks to their partnership with Air Berlin. I've never flown AA on a long distance flight (longest being around 6 hours), so the in flight entertainment wasn't really important, as others have mentioned in their reviews.

Reviewed August 19, 2017

I'm in the air every week, several times usually. I enjoy the Executive Platinum status level as a result. Most flights I'm in first class, sometimes due to upgrades, other times I buy the seat outright. I travel domestically and internationally (usually business class) so I feel I've got a good perspective.

so the day started rough from Vancouver, since my 06:00 flight to LAX didn't happen. rebooked to PHX enrolee to CLT. Vancouver (YVR) to PHX was uneventful. I skipped breakfast and slept most the way. After my PHX layover, I jumped on my last leg to Charlotte (AA 1812). Immediately upon boarding, the smile and positive energy coming from the attendant set the tone for the rest of the trip. I sat in seat 1F - and watched the great attitude as she greeted every single passenger that boarded the flight - chatting with some of them like they were the only ones on the flight. what a great attitude!

I noticed we were 2.5 hours into the flight before Rebecca sat down for the first time. She jumped up every couple minutes checking on us, making sure no one was in need of anything. I visited the lavatory and found thoughtful set-up that included towels and sliced lemons for refreshing your hands or face... first time in 500 domestic segments I've seen this (common on the international carriers).

anyway - my hat is off to Rebecca and her great attitude. she singlehandedly (I know there are lots of lots that make the birds fly) turned my experience from a mediocre return home - to one I will smile about.

My advice to American Airlines is to bottle up whatever makes Rebecca so effective and spread it to the rest of your team.

good job.

Reviewed August 19, 2017

Travel with my whole family (my wife and 2 kids aged 2 &4) last summer from DSM to DFW before transit in Dallas for Qatar Airways. A great experience with an excellent crew as well as food served. I have no issues and the flight also have a big legroom space,good seat comfort & on-time. Will choose AA again on our next domestic travel trip. However, they can improve their service by providing in-flight entertainment.

Reviewed August 19, 2017

We used AA for 4 flights, Manchester UK to Philadelphia in business, then a week later Philly to San Diego first, and a week later San Diego to Chicago first and then Chicago back to Manchester in business. The basic flights were fine, decent staff, good food options and plenty of drink when you want it.

One of my main reasons for booking business/first is to access lounges before flights. I was more than surprised when we were unable to access the lounge in Philly before flying to San Diego first class and not cheap! Apparently that does not count as we had flown in from Europe the week before. I pointed out at the lounge and at the AA desk that we were travelling twice first and twice business, but we had no movement and I felt like I was simply being dismissed. It is a hopeless policy and should be changes immediately.

The flight from Philly to San Diego was more than 90 minutes late.

The last flight was home overnight from Chicago. I wanted to sleep but the bed felt quite enclosed and was slightly uncomfortable, but it was not helped by a young child sitting near business crying virtually all night, a real pain!

Overall, it was a reasonable experience but could have been better, although I acknowledge that moving that many passengers around huge airports is no easy task.