“On time departure and early arrival”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed October 21, 2016

Departed on time and arrived a early. The flight was on time departure and arrived a few minutes early. I am a happy customer.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (41,858)

Reviewed October 21, 2016

We were flying First Class to an All-Inclusive. Arriving at the airport 4 AM to be told by American Airlines, that one of our passports was damage and we needed to go to Philadelphia to expedite a passport. We have had the passport two years have used it for a few countries and never had a problem (the outside of the passport book was damaged in the mail when we first received it). American Airlines counter said when we arrived at our connecting flight in Miami we would be turned back to Philadelphia. We went the next day, every other airport used machines to read the chip (was not looked at by a human in the airports.) American Airlines seem to be the only airline with issues of people's passports there was about 5 of us. We all missed our flights. We then had to fill out a New application for new expedited passports at $300 plus dollars and all missed out a day of our pre-paid vacations.Theory was flight was over booked so American Airlines had to re-schedule us

Reviewed October 21, 2016

It had been years since I had flown American and the biggest surprise was nothing has changed! They continue to be a big box sluggish and unimpressive airline. I thought booking First Class would keep some of that frustration at bay but not even their first class cabin is worth it. Yes, I was able to board first and have my first cup of coffee down before the back of economy had slogged on, but the seats are still outdated and dirty fake leather 1980's throwbacks. They barely recline and they offer no lumbar or knee support (I expect to feel crappy in economy but first class on a premium fare!) You are still required to PAY for WiFi even with a premium ticket fare, and while our cabin attendant was a very extremely pleasant man who did everything he could to keep our spirits up and our glasses full the entire experience felt outdated! Food service included a choice of Chicken or Pasta (what about gluten free, what about kosher, what about vegan?) and the neatest perk was a rolling sundae bar he brought along toward the final hour. I realize these are totally first world problem complaints, but I think its important to note that paying an extremely high price for an outdated service offering is no way for AA to complete in the airline market. Especially not 3 days after flying Jet Blue Mint which kills AA on every level!!

Reviewed October 21, 2016

Fairly short flight from SFO to DFW.
Plane arrived on time. Boarding was organized and smooth and Flight attendants were very nice, professional and friendly. They are very considerate of people sleeping and do not wake them up during the food service.
I had no checked in luggage so, I cannot comment on that.
Pilot is greeting you on the way out. I think that is very nice to do. I always thank them. Landing safely is a blessing.
Overall a pleasant flight.

Thank You.

Reviewed October 21, 2016

Flight to Maui was okay with just 1 hour delay. Return flight was 4.5 hrs late. Missed connection in Phoenix and placed on flight to Charlotte, NC, but connection to Milwaukee was cancelled. Rearranged new flight via Philadelphia while on plane, but it was delayed so I would miss connector to Milwaukee. So, I ran to catch a flight to Chicago and paid to take the bus to Milwaukee airport. Had to do the same on another flight from Sacramento 3 months later, where I flew to Chicago and and took the bus.