“Good But Delayed”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed October 5, 2016

The Checking in process was really efficient but it was delayed due to crew issues for more than 1 1/2 hrs.Unfortunately American Airlines do not have a club/ lounge in Detroit to make the wait in these kind of situation a bit easy. I am glad they gave me an upgrade to the first class for this flight.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (41,795)

Reviewed October 5, 2016

The flight left the gate on time but was delayed for more than an hour on the runway. They made up most of the time in flight and arrived only like 20 minutes late. American Airlines needs to improve their checking in process at the LGA airport. Not only they were very slow. The service person misinformed me about their lounge.

Reviewed October 5, 2016

My schduled departure was changed five times and I was booked on another plane before I finally left onteh originally scheduled plane. It was about three hours form the original departure time. there was no explanation of why the delay existed. The flight itself was fine., althoohgh a flight that is less than 1 hour and 30 minutes has less potential for complaint. It was a small carrier flying under American's name, but it was pretty good service.

Reviewed October 5, 2016

Told to go to a certain gate, they boarded us. We sat for a good 1/2 hr after take off time. They told us they were still waiting for the pilots and that they were local so it shouldn't be too long. Finally after about 1 hr they told us the plane was broken and that is why the pilots weren't there (I guess they knew but did not tell anybody else) So we all go off ran to another gate, where they eventually moved all the luggage and they finally took off, I guess 1 1/2 hrs was not too bad considering the fiasco. So we finally took off and I asked the flight steward, hey about a free drink for all the trouble and he said yes they were free but they weren't telling everybody. Strange

Reviewed October 5, 2016 via mobile

Flew a red eye from Las Vegas to Nassau with a layover in Miami. The flight got there early so we got to enjoy an entire day in Nassau.
On our way back we were not so fortunate. Our flight from Nassau to Miami was fine. Our flight from Miami to Las Vegas had issues. First, it arrived late. So the crew was rushing us to leave on time. Once we got going and we're ready to take off. One of the engines died, so we had to taxi back to gate. They said it will take 30 minutes to fix. Then 1 HR later they said about 15-20 more minutes. An hour later they said. Now we have to refuel. Another hour later they finally get all their stuff together. By then I had been seating on the plane for 3 hrs and was starving but I couldn't get off to buy food. We finally leave and all they have for food is crackers! Ugh! I was so tired and hungry. I paid $7.00 for some frackers and cheese dip and a couple of slices of pepperoni. We were supposed to be home by 9pm and didn't arrive until 12:30 at night. I know it's not their fault. Things happen. But they should have let people deplane and stop telling us it was only going to be 20 minutes that turned into over 3 hrs.