“Smooth flight but crew not that smooth on first leg”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed August 3, 2016

I'd not flown in a few years but the whole process was painless, thankfully. A smallish plane from Colorado Springs to Dallas (and connecting to San Francisco) which was full so they stowed our luggage for free. Flight was comfortable but I couldn't hear a word the FA announced throughout the safely announcement. I also heard her snap at a passenger when she'd been asked a question. Not good PR for AA. I would fly them again as I found a fantastic fare online, one-way of $140.00. Still, no need for rude and incoherent flight attendants. I didn't use wi-fi or watch a movie as it was a short flight. Unfortunately it took about 25 minutes for our luggage to come out of the plane, and instead of people lining up civilly in a narrow and confined area, some passengers pushed their way to the front of the line, jumped ahead of other passengers waiting patiently, and rummaged through the suitcases to retrieve theirs. I couldn't believe my eyes! (This was in Dallas.) Onward flight reviewed separately.

Date of travel: May 2016
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (51,200)

Reviewed August 3, 2016

Firstly the usual emetic an airport dibarcle, so many lines and congestion. Do yourself a favour, slip on shoes, empty your pockets etc, it's the only thing you can do to make the process easier for yourselves. The waiting area was a little crammed, the free wifi did not work. Boarding the plane, once they get through inviting business, all the award programs, special needs, kids etc etc, the gods were with me and I somehow secured priority boarding. Of course most us guests want to take everything from a kayak to a small car onboard as carry on luggage so be careful on your bag size as they watch them closely. They were offering complimentary check luggage at the gate. I got there early so I could sit close to the entrance and be ready. The flight was around 2 hours, it would be perfect if the flight attendants would not keep bashing into the seats as they pass so you could sleep, no chance. As usual they are trying to sell food but I had eaten before I boarded. The problem with this flight and all American flight in economy you really feel like cattle, the best indicator of this is this, they walk the plane at least 5-6 times with a garbage bag, trash, trash, trash, real classy guys. The flight attendants use to be sweet and helpful, now they are chewing gum, banging your seat with trolleys, dressed appallingly. I took an isle seat so I could get to the toilet but trying to get to the toilet while a flight attendant is in the isle, well you can see the looks on their faces, any inconvenience to them is almost the end of their day. It's almost like your a football player, you have the ball trying to get around the defender. On a positive note, I did pay the us $30 for my preferred seat so I was up a little close to the front.

Date of travel: July 2016
Reviewed August 3, 2016

My recent AA flight to Shannon, Ireland, originating in El Paso was delayed and rerouted due to a series of Maintenance and Equipment problems. The Flight out of El Paso was delayed due to Maintenance, they booked me on another Flight to DFW, which got me there on time for my connection ,but then the DFW-PHL pilot announced he would not fly the plane due to safety concerns and requested another plane, which required a 2 hr delay and would result in missing my flight from PHL to SNN. After much consternation and debate with AA ticket agents I was rerouted on British Airways through London and Aer Lingus to SNN. My luggage was lost for five days and it was a major disruption to the front end of a long planned trip to Ireland.

Date of travel: June 2016
Reviewed August 3, 2016

Nothing exciting or extraordinary. I slept all the way nearly for the whole 4 hours 15 minutes. There is no meal, no music or movie in flight because it is economy class.

Date of travel: March 2016
Reviewed August 3, 2016

It left three hours late from the airport so I did not get into Miami until after midnight.
Once in the air everything was fine. Tried to sleep but the seats were uncomfortable .
I think the stewardess were irritated as well. It's not their fault.
I wrote to the American Airline to see if we can expect any compensation but my letter
Went unanswered . Very disappointing.

Date of travel: June 2016