“Not a Fan”
Review of Allegiant Air

Reviewed October 21, 2017

You get what you pay for. Allegiant Airlines is based on being cheap. They succeed. But not all is what it appears to be. The base price is low. Then you pay for everything. Yes, most airlines make you pay for baggage and even priority seating. Allegiant takes it a couple of steps further. At least on most airlines, you can find a seat that does not cost extra. Not so with Allegiant. If you chose not to pay for a seat in advance, it is a crap shoot where you will sit. There is no guarantee that you will sit with who you are going with.

With all of the extra fees, I am not sure I saved a lot of money. If they can find a way to charge you for breathing their recirculated air, they will.

My wife and I overheard our flight attendants dissing another. Not professional.

Now, I will say, the flights have been mostly on time and very little drama. I just feel taken advantage of after going through the booking process.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank RVIDI
Write a ReviewReviews (6,428)

Reviewed October 20, 2017

The flight itself was fine , along with the service on and off the plane, plus the smaller airport was great also. The shorter flight was super but we didn’t care for the 45 minute drive to get to the Airport. . ( not a big deal ) But ... the 3 guys sitting in back of us shouldn’t have been served any more drinks. From the start I couldn’t hear any part of the emergency dialogue and I was in the 7th row. I would of been happier to have had 5 year old teany boppers in back of me , they wouldn’t of bumped or pulled on my seat as much. You have to think about how many times 3 guys have to go when they are drinking. Also they don’t realize how loud they were talking , which was almost non stop the whole flight. Just glad it was a short one.

1  Thank jimbo5454
Reviewed October 20, 2017

I had four friends trying to join us in Santa Fe for a very special weekend. They got to AUS for their flight to ABQ and the delays started. We had lots of special things planned for our weekend--reservations for things that cannot be cancelled without penalties. They waited and waited and waited....times kept changing.from original 3:57, then 6:45, then 9:45, then 10:45--then CANCELLED! after they spent $$ getting to the airport, sitting there for over 6 hours. Now our weekend is ruined and they are not coming to Santa Fe. We were celebrating lots of important events. Allegiant--you, frankly suck. I feel sorry for the passengers who didn't live in Austin--it's F1 weekend so I can only imagine where those passengers spent the night. I will shout it from the mountaintops--don't fly this airline--ever.

2  Thank happytravelleraustin
Reviewed October 20, 2017

I live in NJ and have never heard of this airline before. Today I got a "confirmation" email using my name telling me that I flight I had booked for next week was confirmed. I called Allegiant to tell them of the error and had to hold for like 15 minutes to speak to a rep. I told her what happened and she said "well, that was probably just a typo, you have an email address similar to another passenger" I started to say that that couldn't be the case because the email had my name on it and literally I said "well, I don't think that's it because..." and she hung up on me! I mean while I was politely saying only the second sentence to come out of my mouth and probably 20 seconds into the call she hung up! In my whole life (60 years) no one has ever done that except maybe a scammer when they figure out you're not going to be scammed. Is this even a real airline?

Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

The lack of communication with the passengers on a 3 hour delay with an offer of beverage but no options for food purchase is beyond proper business practice. Then when finally seated in the plane there is yet another delay. Not sure if it is the older planes, poor management and planning on the part of Rockford Airport or incompetent staff.. either way the cost of the ticket wAs NOT cheaper than flights out of Chicago especially when you must pay for carry on bags. We chose Rockford for convenience.... NEVER AGAIN!! This has had delay after delay when issues could have been resolved while waiting on the oxygen refill (original delay). Warning.. when you chose to fly through Rockford expect delays and poor communication.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, movies)
    • Value for money