Tripadvisor
Worldwide
Post
Inbox
Search

“Very bad customer service”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had way too many problems begining with check-in. All ended up with lost baggage which was returned after a month! We couldn't get in touch with anybody and we were given false information repetedly!

Date of travel: January 2020
1  Thank B4728UFstefans
Write a reviewReviews (19,418)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our flights went without any issues. We left and arrived on time and our luggage didn't get lost. We went in Airbus and got the window aisle combo on the sides which is nice. Food inside the flight was pretty meager and service was rather poor. Most inflight attendants are not well versed in English which is kind of surprising. It king of reminded me of cheap airlines like Thomas Cook and Norwegian.

1  Thank devalokg2020

excellent flight
The flight was great and the service was amazing & the lounge in the airport was fantastic!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The crew was friendly and kind. The plane was on time.The food was awful ! I don't believeit is necesary to spend so much money on business class.Economy is just perfect!

Date of travel: January 2020
1  Thank Maria M
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Alitalia sold us 2 seats, but didn't give them to us. Is this right? How often does this happen? And why won't Alitalia respond to our written contacts?
My husband & I flew from Rome Fiumicino airport to London Heathrow airport December 8th and returned to Rome 10 days later. As my husband is tall, and has long legs, he usually pays extra for exit row seats, which have a little more leg room, but usually no overhead bin storage due to the structure of the emergency door area. On the flight out we sat in our prepaid seats and it was good. On the return flight, the flight attendant showed us our seats, which were not what we had paid for. When I asked why we didn't have exit row seats she replied that often the number of passengers meant that another plane had to be booked, and the seating rows didn't correspond to the boarding pass numbered seats. So, our numbered seats from Jet #1 didn't coincide with the numbering of the seats from Jet #2.
How hard is it to ensure thatwhen a passenger checks in at the airport that their seating arrangements are in order? And this airline is not the only one that we have experienced this situation. Passengers need to be pro active and complain. Do I sound like I am getting to be a crank as I get older? Good.
And why is Alitalia so reticent to reply to us?
As the phrase goes in Italian, "Occhio!" Watch out!

1  Thank Stella B